Monday, March 1, 2010

My Sunday & a few Sports Illustrated adverts

How was your weekend?

On Sunday my girlfriend Jasmin and I went to Scotland Yard pub to watch the Men's hockey gold olympic game for Canada vs. USA.

Seriously, if you click on the Scotland Yard Pub link, it is a far fetch from the finest pub in TO.

It was soooo busy at every pub. So many pubs reached full capacity and could not take in any more patrons even before the game began. Jasmin and I had to stand with our beers and watch the game.


I didn't have any team Canada gear but I wore my lucky red boots for Canada :)

Boots from Le Chateau
Coat from Aritzia
Purse from Aldos

It was insane after the game and for the whole night. A large stretch of Yonge Street downtown was closed off. It was a great game - I'm glad there was no shoot out.
Jasmin and I headed for some sushi dinner after the game. Here's a picture of Jasmin:


Now I do have to put in a small warning: I do have a crude sense of humour at times and some things I say might be offensive to some. And if you're not okay with seeing a bit of butt cheek, don't read further down LOL. But really, this is my blog.

I was flipping through my Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2010 mag and one thing I find interesting are the ads. They have ads specifically for that swimsuit issue.
I thought I would share a few ads from the 2010 issue here that made me laugh or think for a bit.

I wish they would gear ads to women the way they do with men. Seriously, men aren't the only ones that love sex and whisky.
Anyways, this was the front cover ad for Dodge Ram


Idunno, I personally could have come up with a more interesting (albeit more x-rated) ad for a truck named "Ram". I don't like pick up trucks by the way, do you?
Some of the painted bathing suits (I don't think there were any in this issue...might be wrong) are done so well on the women. This is an example of an ad that is made specifically for this swimsuit addition:




The Jack Daniels ad reads "Some men make Jack Daniels, some men paint bathing suits on super models. Both Noble professions."
I like the wording.
But an ad with a hot model with a painted bathing suit on while holding a bottle of Jack Daniels couldn't hurt.
The next ad just made me laugh.



When I saw the next ad, I was like, what?! Why don't they have hot stripper men holding like idunno, bottles of Tylenol near their ass crack? That kind of ad in say, my Mom's Chatelaine issue would wake me up LOL
Pinnacle Vodka is good by the way :)
Okay, sometimes I am taken aback by my own stupidity. Look at this next ad. It took me like 7 minutes to figure this out.
I seriously thought those were suppose to some guys balls. But then, I was like, no it can't be. This magazine is catering to straight men. They would not have some dude's balls in an advert LOL. Okay, maybe they would but it's not. I'm sure you've figured out what the horse shoes are.
The Kentucky Derby was awesome last year by the way. I lost a lot of money though :( Screw you Mind that Bird!!!! I would have won $30 K if that horse came in second or third instead of first! Anyways, I'm happy for the horse even though my wallet was hurting. Have you ever been to the Kentucky Derby or a large stakes race?

I thought this next ad was cute. It's on the back cover of the mag.
I love her tan and how her bikini bottom is a green "m". And look at the text: "Boots by Stuart Weitzman." I like that :)
And in case you don't know what Ms. Green is suppose to look like, here she is:
And of course, the best advert for last *sigh*. This is one of the Perry Ellis ads:
I told my boyfriend I want his body looking like this LOL. Actually, my boyfriend's body wasn't very far off from this when I met him. And he is starting to work out daily again minus beer drinking with me so I'm not asking for too much, really.
So I heard Playgirl has started printing issues as of this month March 2010. I'm going to pick up an issue if I can find one. I'll have to see if they cater their ads to women the way I'd like them to! Are you picking up a copy of Playgirl? Want me to share some ads from it if I pick up the magazine?
Hope your week is coming along well :)
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment