Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New pair of Aldo shoes + How I make my high heels comfortable

For almost all my high heels, I spend an additional $15-$20 buying three things that make my high heels more comfortable so that I can easily walk at least a few blocks in them and I can dance 2-3 hours in them.



Here is a recent pair of heels I bought from Aldo. The style name is Gacusan and you can buy it here.













Here are the three things I buy for comfort: Outsole grip (buy here), Foam Heel Cusions and Foam Instep Cushions (buy here)









NOTE: buy your shoe a half size larger so that it can accomodate these comfort cushions.





First is the Outsole Grip.









Purpose: These stickers give more grip on the sole of your shoes.



Certain tile/hard wood/marble flooring and even wet floors make the floor slippery to walk on. Trust me - prevent yourself from slipping or falling and invest $5.99 in these. If you're only willing to invest $5.99 rather than $15-$20 for comfort, I would suggest you buy these over the comfort insoles.

If the soles are rubber to begin with, obviously you skip this step but the majority of my high heels do not have a rubber sole :\



Close up: you can see the texture is gritty.









This is the sole of my shoe to begin with.









Peel off the backing of the sticker and stick it on the sole of your shoe like this. Make sure the sole of your shoe is clean and dry. Do not wear your shoes for the next 24 hours so that the sticker can set properly.











Aldo very recently came out with clear coloured Outsole grips for women. These are black because I bought the men's one since there is more surface area on the outsole grip (the men's one is larger). I'm hoping Aldo will make a clear outsole grip for the men's too.





Next up is the Foam Heel Cushions.






Purpose: (1) prevents heel from slipping out of shoe while walking (assuming there is no ankle strap on your shoe) (2) prevents the back edge of your shoe digging into the skin of your heel which can lead to blisters, cuts, bleeding :\

I use these for even some of my flat shoes - particularly ones with stiff leather at the back heel part.



This is what the sticker looks like. You stick it right at the back/heel part of your shoe.








This is what it should look like after sticking it in your shoe. When you stick it correctly, it is invisible when you have your shoe on







Last up are the Foam Instep Cushions






I usually avoid full sized shoe insoles for high heels and opt for these smaller cushions because the ball of your foot is where most of the pressure is.

This is how the sticker looks and I align it this way (this is for the left foot):



What it looks like after it's stuck in my shoe




There you have it! Let me know if this post helped you at all :)

Do you do anything else to make your high heels more comfortable?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment