Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review: Absolutely Natural Mint and Citrus Blend Oil

This is just a quick review since I know you probably haven't heard of the brand Absolutely Natural.


My friend Dale had bought me a few things from this company which included the Tranquility Oil Mint and Citrus






Price: $28 USD for 4 oz (118 mL) + shipping

Purchasing: As far as I know, you have to order this online through their company website. 
Some tanning salons may carry this line though





Usage: As a bath oil or as a skin moisturizer

I used this product after a shower/bath when my skin was still damp and applied it as a moisturizer. Sometimes I mixed a bit of this oil in my hand along with regular unscented cream (Aveeno or Cetaphil) before applying it as a body moisturizer.

The scent is unique and that's probably the only reason I would repurchase...you'll either like the scent or won't like it. It's truly a mint and citrus scent together and it's a bit difficult to imagine if you haven't smelt it. Although I love citrus and peppermint, I didn't like the scent at first but it grew on me over time.

Personally I think $28 USD is a bit pricey for this even though it was gift to me from my friend. I won't be repurchasing on my own.

One thing I did not like about this product is that it was not sealed. For $28 USD/4 oz, I think the bottle should have been sealed. It's more hygienic and I don't have to worry that some of it was used/spilled. Instead, the company put a piece of tape to secure the lid shut when they shipped it. You can see pictures here. And if you click on the link, you will see that one of the products from that company actually did spill during shipment.


Do you get concerned about the hygiene of products that are not sealed? 


If a product is more expensive, will you avoid buying it if the packaging/product is not sealed?

No comments:

Post a Comment