Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday with Dale Part 2: Centre Island

***Picture heavy post ****







After the Steam Whistle brewery tour, Dale and I went to see the sunset at Centre Island.



Centre Island is just a short ten minute ferry ride away from downtown Toronto.



There are three places the ferry can take you to: Ward's Island, Centre Island and Hanlan's Point [where we have a clothing optional beach ;) ].

The ferry ride is $6.50 CDN return and it's such a peaceful beautiful escape from the busy city. Whenever I'm at the Toronto Islands, I forget I'm in the city.....





Here is the entry to the ferry docks leaving Toronto





The sun was so bright in this picture. I took this picture of the city skyline while on the ferry. The tall tower is CN Tower









Ward's Island was our first stop and I saw this pretty magenta flowering tree on our walk. Dale says it's a Crabapple Tree and that it typically blooms around Mother's Day :)


Mother's Day is this Sunday here. I'll be taking my Mom out to a matinee symphony on Thursday as an early gift to her. It's a Mozart Violin Concerto.






The island was deserted for the most part. And Dale wanted a better look at this art piece that was all covered up.





A second pretty tree





A close up of the pretty flowers





One of my favourite parts of Centre Island is the pier.


The sky was a gorgeous blue, pinkish purple with the sun setting. And you can see the birds in the sky in this picture










I don't think I've ever had the whole pier to myself! It was just Dale and I




And a seagull :)





The rest of the seagull's friends







The sunset was so beautiful and peaceful. Very romantic too.














I took this next picture of the city skyline on the ferry ride leaving Ward's Island. The plane in the sky is a Porter airline plane. I love the colour of the sky in this picture.





And because the ferry stopped at Centre Island and Hanlan's Point before dropping us all off at the city, the sun had fully set.





The only downside was that there were a TON of insects all over the islands. I think I inhaled/ingested a few of them because they just infested the place. I haven't seen that many insects out there before but just giving you a heads up if you decide to head to the Toronto Islands anytime soon :\



We capped off the night with drinks and foodies at St. Louis Bar & Grill.





For a sports bar, this is the best tasting food I have had. Very impressed!



When was the last time you watched a whole sunset? And how is your week coming along so far? :)



Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment