Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baseball

I've been away the past week and a half to Las Vegas and to Kansas City.

I flew back from Kansas City Missouri last night. Before I tell you about the rest of my trip, I want to tell you the best souvenir I got :)

Dale took me to Kansas City for three nights - mainly for two baseball games: the home team Kansas City Royals vs. rivals St. Louis Cardinals. Both games were played at the Kauffman stadium.











The game on Friday June 25th was my first baseball game. I must say, I was really surprised at how small the baseball diamond is. I thought the distance between the bases would have been double what they are.....everything just looks bigger on TV I guess?



Dale bought really good seats for both games :) But for the second game on Saturday June 26th, we were sitting a few rows behind the sitting area of the Kansas City Royals team - so all the players hung out around there that weren't on field.
During a few of the breaks between innings, I walked up close to the roof of the team sitting area. So highlights of the game included Jose Guillen nodding his head at me when I waived hi and Mitch Maier waiving back at me when I waived. I felt like a 12 year old with a crush on a guy and getting all excited when the dude just looks at me LOL. Holy! Haven't felt like that in ages.....so to Mr. Guillen or Mr. Maier, if you would like to meet up with me when you're in Toronto next, please contact me ;)

And onto my best sounvenir from the game on Saturday....








Yes!!! I got a ball! *shrieks* I waived to the umpire during a break in between innings and motioned to him that I would like a ball. So he threw it to me. I shoved Dale to catch it because I can't catch a baseball so Dale caught it and gave it to me to keep ;) I love you Mr. Umpire!!!
Dale is crazy about baseball and the team the Boston Red Sox. Dale is taking me to New York early August to see the Boston Red Sox take on their rivalry team the New York Yankees. As a head start, he's already got me wearing their gear





Dale surprised me with a Boston Red Sox t-shirt a while back. I love the feminine touch of bling ;)





Dale even convinced me to watch the movie Fever Pitch with him to help me understand the whole Boston Red Sox passion (the movie was okay)



Image taken from Google images



Are you passionate about a certain sports team? If so, which one(s)? I'm a men's hockey fan at heart - the Canadian team (Crosby!!!) of course and the Toronto Maple Leafs (I know, I know, we suck). Football/soccer is all the rage now - are you cheering for a team that's still in?

No comments:

Post a Comment