Friday, June 18, 2010

Vidal Sassoon Solutions Heat-Insulated Storage Bag + 2-in-1 Ceramic Styling Iron

A few weeks ago I purchased a 2-in-1 styling iron and Dale picked up the storage bag for it from Shoppers Drug Mart.



They are both from the Vidal Sassoon Solutions line of products.



This is the Heat Insulated Storage Bag.






























Dale bought it for my travel reasons. The storage bag is ideal if you use hair styling tools when you're traveling - because you don't have to wait for it to cool down before stowing it away - especially if you like doing your hair before catching an early morning flight ;)






Store the styling iron in the zipper compartment. If the tool is hot, do not place the electrical cord in the zipper compartment.











The back of the storage bag has a slot as shown. This is where you place your electric cord of your styling tool. It's a separate compartment because if you store your iron in the bag when it's still hot and you keep the electrical cord right beside it, it could melt the electrical cord.







The storage bag is okay - I don't really recommend it unless you're like me and you (1) travel with your styling tools and find yourself with little or no time to wait for it to cool down before having to pack up and go (2) there's no other storage bag that is readily available to purchase at your local stores.


I would prefer the bag to be a bit thicker or the insulation to be better because the bag is hot to touch if your hot iron is cooling off in it. This worries me a bit because the material of the bag is rather thin - so far it hasn't burnt a hole through the bag but I'll let you know if it does LOL



And this is the 2-in-1 Ceramic Styling Iron





It's so lightweight I thought it was plastic! But it's ceramic and apparently preferred for heat styling




It has an automatic shut off feature





As a hair straightener when it's unlocked





The lock switch is on the back of the barrel's handle





As a 1.5" inch curling iron when it is locked





On a crazy hair day....





A few curls put into it using the tool






The other side of my hair on the crazy hair day









The kink is gone using the tool as a straightener





I really like this 2-in-1 styling tool.

It gets the job done as you can see from the pictures and a 1.5" inch curling iron is the barrel size that I prefer for my hair. It heats up very well on the higher heat settings (25 heat settings) and within 2-3 minutes it's ready to use. It's ideal for travelling if you like to both straighten your hair and curl your hair on different days but you don't want to pack two different styling tools to save luggage space. It's also very light weight for all us heavy luggage travellers :)

So it's Father's Day on Sunday June 20th :) I will be flying out to Vegas on Father's Day for five days with my parents. And then Dale is taking me on trip to Kansas City Friday June 25th for three nights. I'll try to keep in touch with you through blogger if I have time for the internet while away ;)

What do you have planned for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment