Monday, June 14, 2010

Water Floss - Conair Interplak vs. Waterpik Cordless

Quick review comparison between the Conair Interplak cordless water floss model WJ2C that my parents bought for me








vs the Waterpik Cordless Plus waterflosser that Dale bought for me.















Price comparison:
~$15 CDN for the Conair Interplak at a Conair warehouse sale
versus $65 CDN for the Waterpik at Shoppers Drug Mart


-My parents got me my first water floss (the Conair Interplak). They discovered it mainly because like most men, my Dad does not like to use regular dental floss.
-I LOVE both water floss models. Both are very effective at removing food debris when using the jet tip




Conair Interplak:
-I like the Conair Interplak primarily because it took up nearly half the amount of counter top space than the Waterpik model
-even though it only had one speed, it's pretty much the same as the two speed Waterpik
-it's a lot more affordable than the Waterpik model
-PROBLEM: (1) It's very difficult to find the Conair Interplak. My parents bought it at a warehouse sale that happens only once a year and this warehouse sale is in the suburbs which you pretty much need a car to get to (I don't have a car like my parents do). (2) My Conair Interplak died on me in less than 6 months. I did not abuse it or drop it. So I am upset that the model lasted only a short time. However, my Dad's Interplak has lasted him a year and a half now.




Waterpik Cordess Plus:
-the rubber grip is more ergonomic
-has various tips you can buy for different dental needs including a Tongue Cleaner Tip, a Pik Pocket Tip (for periodontal pockets), an Orthodontic Tip (for braces and other dental work) a Plaque Seeker Tip and a Toothbrush Tip
PROBLEM: (1) Even though it has two speeds, it's so similar to the one speed Interplak. When my Interplak was fully charged, it worked like the Waterpik on high speed. Halfway through the Interplak charge it worked like the lower speed on the Waterpik (2) It has a large base so it takes up more counterspace than I'd like. Plus, the water reservoir isn't much larger than the Interplak model so the increased base size is not as justifiable




What both companies need to work on:
-Both Conair and Waterpik need to come out with a water floss that has an indicator light when charging to avoid guess work




Verdict
-I highly recommend a water floss even if you use dental floss. If you're like me, you will not realize how effective a water floss is at removing food debris until you have tried it.
-although it's marketed that you can replace dental flossing with a water floss, I personally still use dental floss after using my water floss on a daily basis. So I cannot attest if dental flossing really is as efficient as dental floss. I just feel that dental floss removes the plaque/tartar build up between teeth so I don't want to stop doing it. And I kind of like flossing so that helps ;)
-buy the cheaper Conair Interplak if you can find it. The Waterpik model however, is much more easily found in pharmacies and I do recommend it if you cannot find the cheaper alternative



Do you have a water floss? If not, is it something you would consider? Do you use regular dental floss on a daily basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment