Monday, July 26, 2010

My Weekend + Behemoth @ Wonderland!!! + Brant House

OMG I went on the Behemoth roller coaster at Wonderland on Saturday
-my first ever hypercoaster experience!







It was a complete look of horror on my face in the picture the ride snapped while I was dropping LOL. I didn't purchase the picture for proof so you'll have to take my word on it ;)

And, I made a discovery! If you sit in the front seat of any roller coaster, you don't really feel the drop at all. Seriously! I sat at the very front of the Behemoth and very surprisingly, I felt mostly just air whoosing past me. I tested this theory on other roller coasters that day including The Bat and The Vortex at Wonderland. Nothing at all - just speed and wind during the fall. But, if you sit in the middle or especially the back of the roller coaster, you will certainly feel it.

And a note about the Behemoth - if you take a look at the seating arrangement you'll notice the two seats are spread much further apart on the back seat of each coach. If you sit on those two seats that are more spread out, the ride will feel more intense (this is according to my friend Rob who have been on the Behemoth a number of times).

Here's the lovely bunch who kept me company at Wonderland on Saturday. Thanks for being such good sports! :)

This picture was taken at Let's Wing It for dinner after Wonderland....(left to right): Rob, Greg and Val. I met Greg and Val for the first time on Saturday and they're super super nice people :)








After two pitchers of beer and some wings we went to Brant House night club. They all ended up really liking the club - which is great because they're sort of alternative/rock music fans.

(left to right) Rob, Val and Greg (love Greg's expression!)








Me! (and Greg cut out to the left)







(left to right) Greg, myself and Rob







Gosh, the next morning I woke up and saw what happened to my purse. See, I was wearing this new red dress that Dale got for me from Forever21 - which I love, the diamond shaped cut outs on the back go all the way down to my lower back.








This was the new purse I wore which Dale also got for me a couple of months back.....






And look at the back of the purse!! Yeah the colour of the dress came off onto the purse! It's happened to my older sister before with coloured leather purses - but gosh, I didn't know that would happen or else I would have worn a lighter colour dress or pair the red dress with a patent leather purse. I've only used this purse once but it's gone in the garbage now :(




So, just be careful how you pair your bolder colour dresses/tops and purses!










On Sunday I spent the afternoon with my Mom and my older sister. We went shopping and I got a really nice sheet set by Hillcrest. I fell in love with the gorgeous print - so feminine and girly :) I love it!









It's already made it's way through the washer & dryer and onto my bed :) Hey, and it matches the red Ikea duvet cover and pillow cases I have.










How is your week starting off for you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment