Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rethink Alberta?!

Hmmm....I'm not really sure what to say after I just saw this video in the article "Oil sands ads urge tourists to avoid Alberta" on GlobeinvestorGOLD.com








This message really hit home in a sad way :(
I love the people in Calgary - I think it's a beautiful city.
My younger sister and her boyfriend live in Edmonton (see map below).

And I absolutely love the breath taking mountains in Alberta - I had a trip out West in October for work (here) and with family (here) and this past May (blog posts here, here and here).





Right now this week in Calgary is the famous Calgary Stampede which draws a lot of tourists from all over the world.

A San-Francisco based Corporate Ethics International had launched the video ad and began a campaign. There will be bilboards against visiting Alberta going up this week in cities like Seattle, Denver, Portland and Minneapolis. The campaign will expand into the UK in two weeks.

What do you think of the campaign and youtube ad?

Do you think the ethics group is approaching the tar sands situation the right way, by targetting against tourism in the whole province of Alberta?

Did you know of Alberta before this blog post? Would you visit Alberta now after seeing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment