Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

A quick review of The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector.



Opps, I cut up the tube before realizing I didn't take a picture of it!

This is one of The Body Shop's best selling products. It's $18.50 CDN for 100 mL.

Dale bought me this four months ago back on March 26, so that is already a hint that I don't like the product. I really moisturize my skin a lot so if I like a skincare product, you can be sure it will be used up quickly.

I don't find anything special about this cream. It did not get rid of the dryness or any of my eczema that I have on my right hand. And I used this cream prior to bedtime to give it several hours to possibly work.

The cream is a bit thick like a paste consistency. It can be a bit greasy like most other creams but the main point is that it did not perform any better than any other random hand cream I've tried.

Also, I started to detest the bitter smell in this cream.

Verdict: I will not be re-purchasing this product.

So instead, I bought myself a new hand cream which is proving to be very good so far for the bit of eczema on my right hand *fingers crossed*

It's the Aveeno Eczema Care Cream. It's $12.49 regular price at Pharma Plus for 166 mL (1.5 times the size of the Hemp Protector and cheaper too!)

I've been using this Aveeno cream religiously everyday and I'm very happy with results so far.
I will do a review on it once I am done this tube.
What moisturizer do you keep repurchasing?
How is your day coming along so far? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment