Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Salad - Russian Style





















































This is a super easy salad that my boyfriend made for me a couple of weeks ago - it's a very basic and common salad in Russia. I like it a lot and have made this salad myself several times already :)

If you're European, you might be laughing at me after this post because this is probably the equivalent of telling a Canadian/American how great an iceberg lettuce salad is LOL. But my boyfriend grew up in communist Russia where lettuce was unavailable (he saw lettuce for the first time in Israel when he was in his late 20s). On the other hand, I've never had a salad like this before since growing up in an Asian household, we didn't use dill or sour cream in our cooking.





What you need

-one large bowl

-1-2 tomatoes

-1 cucumber (I used seedless)

-some onion (maybe 1/5th)

-fresh dill (a bit for taste)

-sour cream





Take 1/2 - 1 whole cucumber and 1-2 tomatoes













Chop them up and put into a big bowl















Chop up some fresh dill (1-2 tbspn or to your liking) and some onion (1-2 tbspn or to your liking). Add them to your bowl.

















Use enough sour cream to coat the salad (about 2-3 tbspn)

















Mix, serve and enjoy :)



















Do you use dill or sour cream much in your cooking?




What is your favourite kind of salad?




No comments:

Post a Comment