Thursday, August 19, 2010

Canada's Tallest Residential Building

I was sitting out on my balcony last week and thought of sharing some random pictures.
Canada's Tallest Residential Building is being built right now and you can see if from my balcony. It's essentially in my "backyard" so to speak - it's at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard streets.
The condo will be over 75 stories high (243 metres). And all 931 suites sold out within days.
Okay, I seriously thought Yonge street was the longest street in the world. Seems to be a bit of debate over it. Do you know what the longest street in the world is?





The two pictures above were taken August 13th 2010 from my balcony overlooking The Aura


The picture below at night was taken July 15 2010.

The listing price for the suites were substantially higher than the rest of this blockade area of condos - the suites all started at over $700,000 CDN while the penthouse suites went for about $17.5 million dollars each.
Personally, if I had the money to get that kind of Penthouse suite, I would rather have bought a penthouse suite at either the new Shangri-La Toronto or the also new Four Seasons Private Residences Toronto. To me, Shangri-La and Four Seasons have established themselves...whereas the developers for The Aura, Canderel Stoneridge, are the same developer as the condo I currently reside in. Same theming too - the condo I live in and The Aura are all College Park condos. And let me say, there are quite a number of things I do not like about my condo building compared to the condo I moved from in Yorkville.
I'm not very fond of the intersection where The Aura is being built across the Delta Chelsea. Not to mention if you take a stroll right in that area, um, well, you'll see what I mean. The word "classy" to describe that location will not come to your mind, unlike Yorkville or the Finance District where the Four Seasons and Shangri-La are going up.
If you had $17.5 million CDN to spend on a home, where would your dream home be?

1 comment:

  1. Привет! Мне бы хотелось открыть салон парикмахерскую. У кого-то из читательниц есть опыт в этом? Очень большой выбор оборудования для салонов красоты. Кто может помочь советом? Какой магазин лучше выбрать для то чтобы купить Горизонтальный солярий и это Насадки для фрезера. Я выбираю среди этих магазинов Spashop.com.ua, Venko.com.ua, Newfacebeauty.pl, Ukrmedgarant.com.ua.

    ReplyDelete