Friday, August 6, 2010

Review: St. Ives Clay Mask + Biotherm Homme Force Cologne

I was in my early teenage years when I first started buying the St. Ives Clay Mask





I'm in my mid 20s now and I still use this mask twice a week. See, I'm loyal! ;)


I love the minty scent (I love peppermint scents!). That and I like the temporary effect of my skin feeling taut. I have sensitive skin and this works great for me.



I noticed last weekend that my younger sister who is acne prone, was using her Proactiv Refining (clay) mask as a zit treatment overnight.

I tried the same thing with this St. Ives Clay mask this week and it works - better than my 100% tea tree oil!

So now I'll be doubling this up as an overnight zit treatment too :)



By the way, my younger sister told me Proactiv does not work for her and she will not be repurchasing. Plus, with the Proactive Refining mask you cannot buy it separately - you have to buy it as a set along with other Proactiv items.




So I picked up a new tube of St. Ives Clay mask and the packaging is new now. It took me a few minutes to find it on the shelves! I'm not sure if along with the new packaging came along a new price. I paid just over $9.50 CDN for this at Shoppers Drug Mart after tax. I could have sworn it was only $5 two months ago.....*puzzled look*














Biotherm Homme Force Cologne


I got a couple of these samples in the mail this week




I know scent is very subjective and different fragrances can smell differently on different people, but I don't like this one. It's a spicy scent but it smells cheap.

I put it on Evgueni and he said it reminded him of that cheap cologne they put on him at the barber shop when he was young in Russia. Needless to say, he didn't like it either.

I have been asked by male friends to help them pick out colognes plus I take note of what men are wearing if they smell really good, so I know which ones I like on the market at the moment. My top cologne picks for men are La Nuit De L'Homme YSL, Givenchy Play Intense, Armani Acqua Di Gio (I'm disappointed with the new female version of this scent) and Armani Code for men (the female Armani Code is my personal favourite and go to scent). My younger sister loves what her boyfriend wears: Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male.


What skin care product are you loyal to?


Do you have a top cologne pick?
What are you up to this weekend? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment