Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Friday Night: Donatello Restaurant

OMG, you know what I just noticed?! I'm on Evgueni's Apple computer and his computer can copy and paste text/pictures in blogger posts! WTF - I can't do that on my Sony laptop! Grrrr




I wanted to share a few pictures from two Friday's ago when I met up with a couple of friends (Dani & Branko) visiting from Belgrade, Serbia. Great times :)

We first went to dinner at Donatello Restaurant. The roof top patio sucked us in.

Here's Branko







Branko trying to take a bite of his cousin Dani?

Donatello is a fine dining restaurant and I'm sure they were happy to have us immature nuts out of there LOL

It's awesome - Dani & Branko discovered they LOVE Canadian beer (yay!)...and we I kind of freaked out a little when Donatello's drink menu only had list of wine after wine after wine....and the food menu did not have any beer listed. Luckily they had some beer when we asked the waitress














Donatello Restaurant Review: The service and ambiance is nice - what you'd expect from a restaurant. But the food was sub par. Dani ate most of his pasta but said the food was "okay" which is what I thought of my meal as well. Branko had the rack of lamb which he barely touched. The first time the waitress asked Branko if he liked the lamb, Branko said it's fine but he wasn't hungry. Maybe a half hour later, when the waitress noticed he wasn't eating his meal she came by again to ask Branko a second time if he liked the lamb. I guess after a couple of beers we all get a bit more honest? So Branko said, "Actually, to be honest I don't like it." :\ The waitress did offer to cook him something else, even something not on the menu but we just stuck to our beer.



After dinner I wanted to change into a dress for clubbing so we went to my condo nearby. See how I'm feeding them one of my favourite Canadian Beers - Keiths? ;) Honestly, Canadians do lagers the best!!!!




But you know what the guys pointed out about Keith's beer? They said the logog resembles one of Serbia's domestic beers Jelen Pivo



Image Source here


Do you see the strong resemblence between the beer logos of Jelen Pivo and Alexander Keiths?




Do you ever tell a waiter/waitress you do not like a meal if you really don't like a meal?

Or do you think it's rude to be honest about it?




No comments:

Post a Comment