Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review: My Beauty Diary Masks- Black Pearl & White Truffle

I'm baaack!
haha like seriously, who am I kidding? I'm probably stinky and tired on my 15 hour flight right now to Hong Kong for a stop over before I take another 2.5 hour flight to Bangkok



I have a couple of posts I scheduled to publish on my blog while I'm away :)
I'm really sorry I cannot respond to your comments or check out your blog in return right now....but just thought I would give you something to read.
And hopefully blogger format is on my side and the pictures don't publish sideways or crooked since I'm unable to check how it published haha



I bought these My Beauty Diary Masks after reading all the hype on them from Asian bloggers/youtubers.


I picked up the premium White Truffle mask







Problem: the eye cut outs in the premium white truffle mask are too small. The mask sits dangerously close to my eye ball with that mask on.


I also picked up the very raved about Black Pearl mask at the same time.
I purchased both packs from T & T Supermarket




Okay, these eye holes in the mask are bigger. Like seriously, why would this company make the holes smaller for the premium mask? Stupid.




Doesn't this mask remind you of Jason Voorhees' mask?

How to use
Since there's no English instructions on the package, from what I could gather on other websites this is how I used it: I place the mask on clean dry face and let the mask sit for 20 minutes. The mask has serum on it so when I took the mask off, I just let the serum absorb in my skin.
I used one mask every 3-4 days
Overall
I will not be purchasing these masks again.
In fact, I gave away half of each box to my older sister - she would have raved about it to me if she liked it a lot....but I haven't heard her mentioning these masks at all since I gave them to her a couple of months ago.
I noticed no changes at all in my skin texture or appearance.
I actually suspected a bit of a rash starting up from these masks after using them for 4 weeks.
I did not like how they were cold at first on my face. Some people find that refreshing. I don't.




Have you used any face masks that you'd recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment