Monday, November 15, 2010

Review: Eyecurl II Heated Eyelash Curler



UPDATE: This model is such crap! It has completely died out on me within 10-15 uses.  
So just beware! 
When it is working, it works well.....maybe I got a bad one off the assembly line but I'm hesitant to buy the same one again



My very cool cousin Sue Ann gave me my first heated eyelash curler when I visited her in Malaysia last month.



The cap is missing from the package btw  




Sue Ann said the cheapest place to buy this eyelash curler is from Sasa stores in Hong Kong
In Hong Kong it converts to ~ $3.50 CDN, which is insanely affordable
In Malaysia I think I can get this for about $10 CDN from their Sasa stores. Still a great price IMO






What I really like about this heated eyelash curler: 
(1) it has an indicator light when switched on (see the red light that glows when turned on?)




AND (2) it has another indicator to tell you when it's hot. See the red dot on the wand tip below? 



The tip of the wand applicator turns from red to white when heated. It's white when hot (see below)



What's even better is that it fully heats up within 15 seconds or so. 


Before

My before picture and after picture. 
It's really easy to use - just hold the wand at the base of your lashes & lift the lashes for a few seconds


After

My cousin was joking that she wasn't sure if the lash curler would melt contact lenses haha. Actually, it'd be really f*ing scary and not funny. But I've used this several times already with my contact lenses on and it's absolutely fine. 

You can use the heated eyelash curler before and/or after mascara. 
If you use it after applying mascara, just use the brush (included in the kit) to clean the wand after it cools down. 
This heated eyelash curler gives me a much more natural looking curl than a regular eyelash curler. 

This particular model is 10/10 in my books ;) 


What's your take on eyelash curlers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment