Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Review: MAC Blitz & Glitz Fluidline vs. Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner

Ever since I bought my 1st Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner, I was converted to cream eye liners.

That was 4-5 years ago, before I bought any MAC products or heard of makeupalley

So I was sold on cream eye liner because it was the longest lasting type of eyeliner I've ever used, it was very pigmented & the smudge-able line I could create just looked better than the harsh line of my liquid liner. 
I stuck with the Smashbox version because the title included the word "waterproof". Despite the fact that the pot of liner would dry out completely once I reached halfway through it, I ended up buying three or four of them in a row. I loved it so much at the time, I wanted to spread the word by writing a review. 

That's how I discovered the makeupalley website. 

And from makeupalley, I heard of MAC fluidline and all the good things about it. So I gave it a shot.

And wow, the MAC fluidline beats the Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner
I bought the MAC Blitz & Glitz Fluidline in December 2009. I used it almost everyday & I finished it in the middle of October 2010!! 




The MAC fluidline did not dry out on me like the Smashbox version. See, I made it all the way to the bottom....





Both cream liners are the same size (0.10 oz) but the Smashbox one costs more ($27 CDN for Smashbox liner vs. $18 CDN for MAC Fluidline).

And even though the MAC fluidline doesn't advertise itself as waterproof, it's honestly just as long wearing and "waterproof" as the Smashbox version. I have cried through this stuff, slept through this stuff, sweated my way in Thailand and Malaysia through this stuff....

PLUS, you can Back-2-MAC the fluidline! Smashbox doesn't offer its customers any such incentive.

So what did you learn? Do NOT buy the Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Liner. Buy the cheaper & better MAC Fluidline alternative.


Do you use eye liner? What kind of eye liner do you reach for most often? 

No comments:

Post a Comment