Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vacation Beach Pictures Part 1: Laguna Redang Resort



My Dad took me on a two night trip to the east coast of Malaysia in mid October 
- a place called Redang

To get to Redang, we took a one hour flight from the capital city Kuala Lumpur to the east coast of Malaysia, a city called Kuala Terengganu. Kuala Terengganu is considered the mainland by people living on the island of Redang. 
So from Kuala Terengganu airport, we took about a 40 minute bus ride to the jetty. From the jetty we took a 35 minute boat ride to the island of Redang....and we arrived at paradise. 

Well actually, my Dad and I arrived at Laguna Redang resort

This place is sooooo beautiful it deserves a few posts on my blog.


This is where the jetty is - so the water is not clean/for swimming.
You get off the boat and walk about 5 minutes to the resort.
The pristine beach is just seconds away from the front of the resort


After getting off the boat, take this path to bring you to the resort within minutes.
There's even a big wagon ride to drive you there if you're too lazy to walk :P


View of rooms from outside



The swimming pool 

Our accommodations included three buffets a day - the food was good. This is the dining area. 


A couple of times, my Dad and I got seated in the dining area where you have a prime view of the beach


Dad and I got a room with three beds. We only needed two beds but oh well...


The toilet, shower and sink are partitioned separately



It was really clean.
Not even a single insect in the room considering we're in the middle of a tropical jungle



The balcony of our room.


I stepped out onto the balcony...and, do you see what I see?? :) 


A tree frog!

Evening view of the resort from the beach


The bridge I was standing on to take the picture above


I'll show you pictures of the beautiful beach at Laguna in the next post :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment