Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Cream & Lotions


After finishing a couple of tubs and bottles of this stuff, I don't understand the hype around Palmer's Cocoa Butter.


Palmer's Cocoa Butter in the tub/container format up front and in the pump bottle behind

I went to Walmart  sometime last year and when I saw these in stock, I bought one of each kind of Palmer's Cocoa butter since I had heard so much about it and it's not easy for me to get hold of (they don't sell it at the Pharmacies here and I don't live close to a Walmart).


PRO (for the Palmer's cream in a container)
I love the sweet, not-artificial smell of the cocoa butter cream in the tub/container format. 


CONS  (for the Palmer's cream in a container)
It does not absorb well into my skin. 
It is not that moisturizing - it's more of a barrier of greasy slick. 
On top of that, it has not improved my skin's texture or look. 
My girlfriend Jasmin also complained about the same issues and it made her skin itchy actually....

I had to start mixing the Palmer's cream with Cetaphil lotion or Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to help moisturize my skin. By the way, I highly recommend both the Cetaphil and Aveeno lotions here...


This exact lotion was recommended to me by my dermatologist years ago. It's awesome stuff.

I've recently been devoted to this lotion in the past year. It's changed my skin for the better. 

So Palmer's Cocoa butter also comes in a lotion format. 

The following in the pump bottle format is even worse than what's in the tub format


This is a lotion so it absorbs better into the skin but it did nothing for my one stretch mark. And it does not smell like that nice chocolately-vanilla scent of cocoa butter. This lotion doesn't smell that pleasant to me.


Then there's also this lotion from Palmers


It smells a bit better than the "stretch mark reducing" version. But it smells more bitter than sweet - like dark chocolate. I just used it up as handcream. It doesn't work any better than a conventional lotion like Vaseline.


Verdict: I might repurchase the Palmers cream in the tub format but only for the scent. If I do, I will mix it with Cetaphil or Aveeno non-fragrance lotions to help moisturize my skin.

I will not be repurchasing the Palmers For Stretch Mark Lotion nor the Palmer's lotion in the pump bottle format.


What's your take on Palmers Cocoa Butter? 
Have you tried Cetaphil or Aveeno skincare products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment