Friday, December 17, 2010

Review: Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment Conditioner



This was the only conditioner I used for 3.5 weeks while I was on vacation so it's time for a review...













I know, the consistency looks gross but hey, it's conditioner!


This product is highly rated by many users. 
At first I thought it was pretty good too - that is, until I ran out of my leave-in conditioner 

For 2.5 weeks I did not use any leave-in conditioner and I only used this conditioner after shampooing. 

At the end of 2.5 weeks? The last 1.5"-2" inches of my hair were fried. FRIED! 
My hair was frizzy, the split ends were very noticeable & just looking very damaged
And I did not use any heat styling tools at all during those 2.5 weeks

Luckily my hair instantly felt & looked much much healthier once I resumed using CHI Silk Infusion 

So now I'm left wondering if all the rave reviewers had used a leave-in conditioner after using this product and based their experience on that? 

Overall, this is not a bad conditioner. 
But since this is like any other basic conditioner I've used which I need to pair with a leave-in conditioner, I will not be repurchasing this product unless it's on sale. 
However, I don't live near a Sally Beauty Supply so this conditioner is not even readily available to me

To date, the most moisturizing conditioner for my hair has been Shiseido Tsubaki which I reviewed here
Shiseido Tsubaki is HG for me. 


Do you depend on leave-in conditioners? 
What's your HG hair product(s)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment