Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vacation Pictures: London Eye, England



Dale took me to London England last week for my Birthday 
and one of the things we wanted to do was go on the London Eye

It is the tallest ferris wheel in Europe at 135 metres high - a great way to take in a view of London

Initially Dale and I wanted to go on the London Eye Thurs Dec 9th - but it literally shut down after we bought our tickets. There were technical issues with the doors.....so we came back the next day and managed to get on it :)



I was standing on Westminster Bridge when I took this picture





Here is Westminster Bridge is on the left hand side.
And you can see Big Ben the clock tower, in the middle of the picture





Doesn't this picture look awesome?!
The sunset was beautiful. I'm pretty impressed with this shot I took




This picture I took reminds me of Christmas...with the blue lights in the trees...so pretty ;)




It was a bit gloomier the Friday that Dale and I actually got on it 






View of Hungerford Bridge, the River Thames and a bit of the city




Again, closest is the Hungerford Bridge and the bridge a bit further up the river is the Waterloo Bridge 




See how small the people below are? ;)










It's definitely something to check out in London - I'm sure it would have been beautiful at nighttime 
Dale and I were debating if we should go in the daytime or nighttime 
Since we did London Eye in the daytime, Dale took me on a River Thames cruise in the evening to see the city lights :)
So there is always that option too - and you dock the cruise boats right were the London Eye is


If you're not a fan of ferris wheels (like myself), have no fear as it takes about 20-25 minutes to go a full round on the London Eye. So it's veeeery slow moving :) 



Have you / would you go on the London Eye? 
Would you rather go on in the daytime or nighttime? 
Are you a fan of ferris wheels in general?


No comments:

Post a Comment