Monday, January 31, 2011

Costco, Walmart and others


These are all more lovely gifts from Dale - some of it going back 4-5 weeks now :S
He's really such a sweetheart 




Dale is so sentimental
You know, I sometimes call him "Danielle"now and he calls me "Kevin" :P

He gave me this card about 3 weeks ago and I giggled when I saw that it's a Valentine's Day card
He picked this up last minute at a grocery store in Huntsville (a small town) so I guess the only sentimental cards in the store were all for Valentine's day
All joking aside, it doesn't matter that it's a Valentine's Day card - what he wrote was very touching




Two dozen of my favourite coloured roses *sigh*



Awww look at the calendar Dale chose out for me
He said it reminded him of Bobo and he had to get it ;)


Tommy Bahama candles - quick review to come 



Dale bought me the pair of thermal socks which I love

About a year ago, Dale caught me with a hole in one of my socks so I guess that's a bit of a running joke. Plus, even though he makes me more consciously aware of holy socks, he still caught me with a hole in one of my socks when we were up at Deerhurst Resort. I really don't know how since I make sure to toss all holy socks now....so when we were at Costco he picked up the pack of 6 pairs of Buffalo socks for me


Silks pantyhose
Other hosiery from Costco - Silks pantyhose.
There's six pairs in a box and I couldn't decide which of the three colours to get (black, hint-o-black, nude). So Dale picked up one box of each colour for me





I know what you may be thinking - wow, you go to Costco for hosiery?
No not really
I like Costco because they have a lot of house supplies that are in bulk size such as these 3M Scotch Brite Kitchen cloths
Surprisingly, Danielle Dale loves to clean! I think he's cleaner than me and I'm pretty clean to begin with... he was the first one to pick this up and look at them.
Mind you, for kitchen/bathroom scrubs I only buy Scotch Brite scrubs because they don't fall apart



I went with Dale to Costco in December to buy this exact Oster 2 Slice Retractable Cord Toaster as part of my older sister's Christmas gift
But I had only remembered to give him back the cash for my sister's gift when I saw Dale again in January - and as soon as I paid him back he insisted on getting me this toaster since it's an upgrade from my old plastic one. I really love the brushed stainless steel finish on this as it matches my other stainless steel kitchen appliances - plus the retractable cord and wide slots are great



I do not own any tupperware and had been borrowing from my parents or using Glad Cling Wrap. I prefer glass tupperware over plastic so Dale bought this Glasslock tupperware for me at Costco as well.
I really like them!
Just note that when they say "10 pieces" they are counting the lids as a piece



When Dale took me to Deerhurst Resort last month, he was really sweet to pack extra ski gloves for me. I don't own a pair of ski gloves which would be required for outdoor winter activities.
So when we were at Costco, Dale picked up these Head Ski Gloves for me
And I'm happy to say that these gloves will be put to use shortly as Dale has booked another trip to Deerhurst for us next week with lots of winter activities lined up again




I pointed out to Dale that I use this Aveeno Eczema Care Cream (my review is here) since he also has a stubborn patch of rough skin on one of his hands. At Costco there was this joint pack with the Aveeno Eczema Care Body wash, which I have not tried so Dale picked this up for me





Speaking of soaps, I don't think I'll be using any other bar soap except for Dove (review to come)
This particular Dove Shea Butter soap smells so nice...it was one of the things Dale picked up for me




Dale had picked up a lot of groceries for us because we had a condo suite booked at Deerhurst with a full ensuite kitchen. This was one of the grocery products I wanted to mention - wow, how had I not seen this instant Nescafe Espresso before? It's good and it works




I wanted to pick up some extra body piercings so I went to Ardene with Dale and he helped me pick out a few
He personally chose out the bottom left one




My younger sister bought this Waterpik Power Flosser as part of my Dad's Christmas gift. Ever since, I've been eying one for myself. I found this when Dale and I went into Zellers
So a review is to come on this product




These are some random nail products which I chose (Dale purchased) from Walmart and Sally Beauty Supply
I think the only thing Dale actually chose out were the two hot pink nail polishes on the bottom row - he loves that nail polish colour


If there's any product you'd like me to review first please let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment