Sunday, February 27, 2011

Belated Valentine's Day Post


It's been nearly two weeks ago since Valentine's Day, but I was away and kept busy

Initially I thought I was going to be alone for that day, which I'm absolutely fine with 
But Dale ended up changing his flight and was able to stay a couple of days longer with me so I got to spend it with him 

We were still in Buffalo NY on Valentine's, and I think the nicest thing about the day was how it started 

When I woke up that morning, the first thing he said was "Happy Valentine's Day Hun." 
Dale is very sentimental and even though I'm a lot less so, it was so touching. And for each of the three mornings in Buffalo, he got me breakfast and brought it to me in bed (while I was still half asleep and incoherent LOL). I can't recall if I've ever been brought breakfast in bed by anyone else other than Dale. 

It's these little things that he's done for me, that I don't discuss on my blog, which matters most to me 
And it's what I think of when I reminisce about our times together.

All you know about Dale are the gifts he has bought for me - and it appears extremely superficial. I have not discussed many of the reasons I care for Dale on my blog as I'm not sure you'd be interested in reading about it

On Valentine's we quickly stopped into a Sephora. While I was checking out some products, I turned around and saw Dale on the other end of the store at the check out as he had just bought something. And it was a gift for me! I was a bit overwhelmed as he had already bought me so many lovely gifts...but he said he wanted me to have something to open on Valentine's. Awww




Armani Code is still my favourite perfume and this was the gift set he bought for me from Sephora


Mid January, Dale told me he wanted to get me something for Valentine's. 
He asked if I would like a new TV or if I had something else in mind. I graciously accepted his offer for a new TVas this was my old TV 


Bye Bye old TV

So I went to Best Buy and did some research. With Dale's help we chose out my new Samsung 40"!





The TV was delivered and set up while Dale was with me a few days before Valentine's - I love it :)
It's really sleek, the size is perfect for my condo the image quality is really good


And these were the beautiful lavender coloured roses Dale left me with before he flew back out West
It was my first time getting lavender coloured roses - they were gorgeous 





It's tough - it's been a year since I've known Dale and I'm starting to take a liking to him. He's been extremely supportive of me especially during some tremendously difficult times lately. I miss Dale from even just writing this post...*sigh* Hopefully we will see each other in a month :)


How was this past weekend for you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment