Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Arnold Schwarzenegger Admits To Fathering A Lovechild With A Staffer

Posted: 17 May 2011 12:30 AM PDT

Last week we learned the somewhat surprising news that former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife of 25 years Maria Shriver decided to separate. Today, courtesy of the LA Times, we know why. It turns out that Arnold fathered a lovechild with a member of his household staff 10 years ago, 15 years into his marriage with Maria. It was only this year, back in January, that he told Maria about his lovechild and that was the start of the couple’s separation. Schwarzenegger has issued a statement admitting that he fathered this child out of wedlock, which you can read below in full.

Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife, Maria Shriver, separated after she learned he had fathered a child more than a decade ago — before his first run for office — with a longtime member of their household staff. Shriver moved out of the family’s Brentwood mansion earlier this year, after Schwarzenegger acknowledged the paternity. The staff member worked for the family for 20 years, retiring in January.

“After leaving the governor’s office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry. I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time. While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not.”

A spokesman for the former first lady said she had no comment. To protect their privacy, The Times is not publishing the former staffer’s name nor that of her child. In an interview Monday before Schwarzenegger issued his statement, the former staffer said another man — her then-husband — was the child’s father. She said she voluntarily left her position with the couple earlier this year after reaching a longstanding goal of working for them for two decades. “I wanted to achieve my 20 years, then I asked to retire,” she said, adding she received a severance payment and “left on good terms with them.” Later Monday, The Times informed the woman of the governor’s statement and she declined to comment further. Schwarzenegger took financial responsibility for the child from the start and continued to provide support, according to a source who declined to be identified because of the former governor’s request for privacy. The former first couple of California announced their separation in a joint statement issued last week. The two have been married 25 years. There was no mention of a cause for the separation.

Wow!! What a complete slimeball. That anyone could keep a lie like this a secret for almost half of an entire marriage is pretty disgusting, IMHO. I can’t even begin to understand the level of hurt and betrayal Maria must be feeling in light of all of this. It’s pretty common knowledge that she has been miserable in her marriage for many years now … to learn that along with that misery is the insult of a lovechild borne of flagrant infidelity on her husband’s part — right under her nose in her own home — ugh, I can’t even begin to understand what she must be going thru. My best wishes go out to Maria and her children. What minuscule amount of any sort of respect I may have had for Arnold Schwarzenegger is completely gone. This is just so much insult to already sad injury. Blah.

[Source]

Jenni ‘Jwoww’ Farley Shows Off Her New Tattoo In Italy

Posted: 16 May 2011 05:30 PM PDT

Last week we got to see the first photos of the cast of MTV‘s Jersey Shore as they made their arrival at their new home away from home in Florence, Italy and today we get to see new photos of the American transplants on the streets of their new city. Jenni Jwoww Farley showed off her new dragon tattoo as she and her fellow castmates took to the city. Check out the new photos below.

They could be drinking coffee in cafes, marvelling at the wondrous cathedral or gazing at world-famous Renaissance art. But JWoww’s snake tattoo was the only art on show as the Jersey Shore crew filled their day with the same old routine of GLT – gym, tanning, laundry. Instead of seeing the sights the group are keeping up their old ways, heading en masse to the gym today. JWoww made the most of the sunny Italian weather in a stomach baring sports bra and pink jogging bottoms. It was back to the Eighties for Snooki who teamed black hotpants with a slashed pink shirt and trainers. She wore her brown hair cascading out of her head band in an equally eye-catching display. With the boys also joining the gym trip, only Deena missed out. The arrival of the Jersey Shore gang caused outrage in Florence, where their notorious behaviour in the nightclubs of Seaside Heights led to concerns about what they would get up to in the historic city. But so far the worries have been without cause, as the group have behaved themselves. Rather than outrageous drunkenness, they have stocked up at the 99c store, treated themselves to Italia T-shirts and visited the fairground. But there is sure to be more characteristic behaviour on the way. The group are spending the next few weeks in Italy, filming the [fourth] season of their reality show.

Oh Woww … that is a big tattoo! Well … if it makes her happy, then yay for her! As for the JS kids behaving themselves, that is great news. Let’s hope they keep it up.

[Photo credit: Splash News; Source]

Adele Does ‘Out’ Magazine

Posted: 16 May 2011 04:30 PM PDT

Adele, the reigning queen of the Billboard music charts here in the US, is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of Out magazine. The issue, dedicated to the Hot List of 2011, couldn’t feature a more deserving artist on its cover. Across the board, seemingly EVERYONE on Earth loves Adele‘s new album 21 … and that deffo makes her HOT HOT HOT. Among other things, Adele reveals that she would gladly trade in her fame and fortune for her lost love. No wonder there is so much emotion in her music. Click below to see Adele‘s beautiful Out cover, read some excerpts from her coverstory interview and check out some photos from her photospread.

Adele would have ‘given up’ her career for her ex-boyfriend. The ‘Someone Like You’ hitmaker – whose former love was the inspiration behind her second album ’21′ – admitted she will never forgive herself for not making the relationship work, as she would have put aside her musical aspirations for true love. Asked whether she would trade success for romance, she explained: ‘I don’t think I’ll ever forgive myself for not making my relationship with my ex on ’21′ work, because he’s the love of my life. I would still be singing in the shower, of course, but yeah – my career, my friendships, my hobbies. I would have given up trying to be the best.’ Adele – whose debut album ’19′ was also inspired by her tumultuous love life – explained she will always be looking for a copy of her ex-boyfriend in future relationships because the couple were so similar that they were ‘almost like twins’. She added to Out magazine: ‘He was my soul mate. We had everything – on every level we were totally right. We’d finish each other’s sentences, and he could just pick up how I was feeling by the look in my eye, down to a T. We loved the same things, and hated the same things, and we were brave when the other was brave and weak when the other one was weak – almost like twins, you know – and I think that’s rare when you find the full circle in one person, and I think that’s what I’ll always be looking for in other men.’

Aww … poor Adele. As painful as her split from this guy is, he really wasn’t the right man for her. The right man for her would never make her choose between love and career. The two may have been very compatible but, in the end, the fact that they couldn’t make it work proves that he’s not the love of her life. You can read the full online version of Adele‘s interview with Out magazine HERE. Check out the amazing photos from Adele‘s photospread. I have to confess, I really hate any cigarette photos but Adele‘s stunning beauty cannot be outshown by anything. She looks fantastic, doesn’t she?

051611_adeleoutmag01 051611_adeleoutmag02 051611_adeleoutmag03 051611_adeleoutmag04

[Source, Source]

New Parents Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Are Planning The Release Of New Albums

Posted: 16 May 2011 03:30 PM PDT

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon may still be getting used to being new parents to their newborn twin children Monroe and Moroccan Scott but they are also already planning their next individual business ventures. According to a new report from Billboard magazine, both Mimi and Nick are planning the release of new albums very soon. Nick tells Billboard that Mariah is planning to have a new album out this year! New parents, yes … but new music, too!!

Nick Cannon is still recovering from the adrenaline rush of welcoming twins with wife Mariah Carey, but the actor/comedian/rapper is staying busy with a new stand-up special and forthcoming musical album, while Carey is working on a new full-length of her own. “She’s planning on having a record out this year,” says Cannon of Carey, who gave birth to Moroccan Scott Cannon and Monroe Cannon on April 30. According to Cannon, Carey completed a good amount of recording a few months ago during her pregnancy. “She’s been working away, and we have a studio in the crib, and [the pregnancy] has totally inspired her on so many different levels. You’re definitely gonna see some new phenomenal music from Mariah.” Before that, Cannon’s latest comedy special, “Mr. Showbiz,” will premiere on Showtime tomorrow night (May 14), while an accompanying album for the special is set for release two days later. Cannon says that the stand-up routine makes mention of his rumored feud with Eminem, who took a verbal jab at Carey on his “Relapse” album, but the comedian claims that it’s all in good fun. “At the end of the day, I don’t think anybody was really mad at anybody,” he says. “I’m in such a beautiful place in my life that I have no need or reason to be upset or mad at anyone… I’m not stirring up the beef. If anything, I’m making fun of the beef.” Cannon plans to follow the stand-up release with “Mr. Showbiz Sings the Hits,” an album that blends hip-hop and comedy and showcases a slew of guest stars. “I got a record with Flo Rida, Snoop, Ice Cube, Wyclef, Cee Lo,” says Cannon. “We got some hilarious songs. It’s kind of bringing the fun back to hip-hop” … Of course, Cannon is taking time to embrace the feeling of becoming a new father at the age of 30, although he’s not sure what he’ll do on his first Father’s Day next month. “I hadn’t really thought about that,” he admits. “I’m used to catering to my father and my grandfather on that day, so to be a father is going to be weird… I’ll just sleep, [or] have breakfast in bed or something.”

I can’t even imagine how being a mother will affect Mariah‘s music but I’m sure it can only make her a more accomplished artist. I am really excited by the news that Mimi is planning a new album but I know I’m in no hurry. As a new mom, she needs to take all the time she wants and needs with her children. As for Nick‘s upcoming Showtime special, here’s a clip of him doing his best Mariah Carey impersonation:


This is all great news all around … now if we could just see dem babies!!! But seriously, new music or not … I’m just so happy for both Mariah and Nick. They’re lives have only just truly begun … I can’t wait to see what the future holds in store for the two of them AND their growing family.

[Source, Source]

First Listen: Lady Gaga, ‘Hair’

Posted: 16 May 2011 02:30 PM PDT

Lady Gaga has released another single from her still unreleased album Born This Way in order to generate hype for her album’s release. This new single is titled Hair and according to Gaga herself, it was inspired by Bruce Springsteen … so much so that she hired Springsteen‘s longtime saxophonist Clarence Clemmons to play on it. Saxophone in a pop song, you say? Why, yes! Click below to listen to Hair by Lady Gaga in full.

With just one week until the release of Lady Gaga's highly-anticipated sophomore album, the singer is releasing "Hair," the fourth song from Born This Way. The 25-year-old singer told Ryan about the song back in February, saying it's one of her favorite songs on the album. "Hair is a really amazing song," said Gaga of the RedOne-produced song. "It's a club record, but it's sort of got this Bruce Springsteen vibe to it. I actually had Clarence Clemons from the E Street Band come in and he played saxophone on the record. It's really interesting because [we're] putting saxophone on this really huge electronic record." Clemons also played saxophone on Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" which she released last week. In the interview, Gaga also revealed some of the lyrics to the song:

Whenever I dress cool my parents put up a fight
And if I'm a hot shot, mom will cut my hair at night
And in the morning I'm short of my identity
I scream mom and dad, 'Why can't be who I want to be?'

I've had enough, this is my prayer
That I'll die living just as free as my hair

So you wanna hear it? Check it out below:


Again … not really my thing but I’m sure there have to be people out there who like this kind of pop music. Of the four songs we’ve heard off of Gaga‘s new album — Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory and Hair — which one is your fave? Is this album sounding like a hit to you?

[Source]

Movie Review: ‘Priest’

Posted: 16 May 2011 01:30 PM PDT

Last night I had the misfortune of seeing Priest at the movies and I say that because everything I had seen to promote the film led me to believe that it was going to be an entertaining sci-fi action film. What it really turned out to be was an extremely boring, slow-paced snoozefest that had absolutely NOTHING resembling entertainment to offer. I can’t say that Priest was the worst movie I’ve ever seen but I can honestly say that it’s not a movie that I needed at all to see … or will ever want to sit thru again.


Essentially, everything is wrong with his movie … just all of it. The worst part, tho, had to be the writing. The lines that the actors had to deliver was just so terrible I had to keep myself from laughing out loud thruout the entire movie. The second worst part was the acting. Cam Giganet was such a joke, I couldn’t take anything he did in this movie seriously. Paul Bettany, the star, was OK but even he struggled … the movie is so bad that he really didn’t have anything to work with. For a vampire film, Priest was not scary or even tense. For an action film, the fight scenes were pretty much nonexistent. For a sci-fi film, the FX were just lame. It really sucks when you see a movie that you think is going to be good and all you get is boring drivel. I am familiar with the Priest graphic novel and I have to say, this film does that story a huge disservice. I cannot recommend that anyone waste their time with this film. If you are curious, wait til it comes out on Netflix or cable so you can watch it for free. At least then, the only thing you have to lose is your time.

Breakfast Of Champions

Posted: 16 May 2011 12:51 PM PDT

Yesterday was a pretty standard Sunday for me … it was mostly quiet, very low key. After the bizzy string of concerts almost every night last week, I was really looking forward to doing a whole lotta nothing. In the end, I got 2 offers from 2 friends that I simply couldn’t pass up on … and I’m glad I didn’t. I got to spend my afternoon with Ollie and Caleb and my night with David and Darion. It was a great Sunday, indeed.


Ollie enticed me with brunch at Luna Park and I just cannot say no to hanging out with her and Caleb. They are truly 2 of my fave people and I love them more than words can say. Our brunch was made up of great food, great Bloody Marys and the best conversation ever. I’m not even kidding, we talked for about 3 1/2 hours … as if time meant nothing. Ollie and Caleb are those special friends that you can just talk about whatever with and it’s just always a sheer pleasure. I just love them :D

Last night, David and I met up with Darion and his friend Ramon for a movie double date. Darion had already seen Bridesmaids so we decided to take our chances with Priest. Ugh, it was a bad choice to be honest but my review for the film will come shortly. David and I did have a great time with Darion and his date so that more than made up for the crappy movie.

Today should be a quiet day but you never know … my concert schedule starts up again tomorrow with Lauryn Hill in Pomona, CA and then Kylie Minogue Friday here in LA and Sunday in Las Vegas. I’m gonna try and rest up as much as I can, while I can :D Happy Monday!!

Les News, 051611

Posted: 16 May 2011 12:08 PM PDT

Watch: A ‘Jeopardy’ Contestant Confuses Lady Gaga’s Music For Madonna’s Music

Posted: 16 May 2011 11:46 AM PDT

OMFG!!!!!!! You have GOT to watch this clip from a recent episode of the long-running game show Jeopardy. Host Alex Trebek asks the contestants to identify the “flamboyant singer” performing a bit of music … and the first guy to make a guess mistakes Lady Gaga‘s song Born This Way for a Madonna song! It’s just too hilarious for words. Check out the clip below.


I can’t even … I mean … LOL!!! To be honest, the guy who answered incorrectly shouldn’t feel bad … he made the same mistake that countless people who have heard Born This Way have been making for months now. This video was just too amazingly funny not to share ;D

[Source]

First Look: The Artwork For Britney Spears’s New Single ‘I Wanna Go’ Reportedly Hits The Internets

Posted: 16 May 2011 11:35 AM PDT

Britney Spears recently announced that I Wanna Go will be her third single release from her new album Femme Fatale and today, courtesy of Breathe Heavy, we get our first look at the rumored single artwork for the song. Because this artwork has not been confirmed as official, there is a strong possibility that it could be fanmade artwork. BUT, let’s check it out below and give it a gander anyways, shall we?

Pop icon Britney Spears confirms that the summer-friendly, up-tempo "I Wanna Go" is the official third single from her platinum-certified Femme Fatale (Jive Records). "I Wanna Go" is produced by Shellback, Savan Kotecha and long-time collaborator Max Martin. Innovative director Chris Marrs Piliero has been tapped to direct the video. "I Wanna Go" comes on the heels of her most recent No. 1 smash hits, "Hold It Against Me" and "Till The World Ends" which ranks #1 on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart. Both songs are from Britney’s critically acclaimed seventh album. Billboard also notes that "Till The World Ends" coupled with the remix featuring Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha gives Spears a radio audience of 87 million in the U.S., which is "the highest weekly audience of her 12-and-a-half-year chart career." Britney's Femme Fatale Tour with special guest Nicki Minaj, Jessie and the Toy Boys and Nervo kicks off June 16th in Sacramento, CA.

I like the single artwork but I don’t LOVE it. It is simple … but I think I was hoping for something more exciting. The artwork doesn’t really matter tho cuz the song is HOT! I Wanna Go is deffo the best song on Femme Fatale. I can’t WAIT for it to officially hit the airwaves. What do y’all think of this single artwork? Do you like it?

[Source, Source]

Miley Cyrus Hangs With Jesus In Rio De Janeiro

Posted: 16 May 2011 10:52 AM PDT

Miley Cyrus, currently on tour abroad, spent a little time last week playing tourist in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with her mother Leticia Tish Cyrus. The pair were spotted chillin’ with the famed Christ the Redeemer state in Rio snapping away like all the other tourists there at the same time. Click below to check out a couple of photos of Miley hangin’ with the big JC.


I know one of the things I hope to do at some point in my life is visit this statue in Rio. It is truly one of the modern wonders of the world and I would love to be able to check it out in person. I think it’s totally normal for a celeb like Miley to be humbled in the presence of such a stunning statue and why wouldn’t she be snapping photos like a tourist? While I am not a fan of Miley‘s cover of the Nirvana song Smells Like Teen Spirit, I am on baord with the down-to-Earthness she is exhibiting here.

[Photo credit: X17]

Is Courtney Love Threatening To Harm Herself On Twitter?

Posted: 16 May 2011 09:52 AM PDT

Last week, we learned that trainwreck Courtney Love has started posting messages on a new Twitter profile and among her first tweets was a request that she no longer be referred to as “crazy”. Since that time, to be honest, Courtney has posted her usual odd messages but nothing all that out of the ordinary (for Courtney) … until this morning. Court posted a series of tweets that first started out in their usual manic way but the tone changed a bit in a somewhat disturbing way. Courtney started talking about what a “dark night” last night was for her and about poisonous flowers. She also tweeted “i cant do this” and then she mentions her “executor” (of her will?). Might this be a cry for help?

roughest night of my life last night / dark dark night of the soul, and then i hear a friends voice so gentle and so sweet and know he cant be whatr they say he is, he isnt. / rough bloody night. im not sure im even here still, i feel lightheaded, rought night full of turmoil and hell and hamlet and not to be won / god i miss my friend / i havent you know for two months so much, but it gives me a gutache, it hurts my soul to not speak or see, it kills my heart just like bean / i cant do this / http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/h/hemloc18.html maybe ill make a perfume out of it called ‘should i /’ / http://www.ladycakes.com/poisonous_flowers.htm id like to name a daughter amaryllis / just did russian press the guy asked abiut kc 99 times i said is this what youa sked fdave grohl,/ 9 retching hemlock0 / i just cant get it out of my heart and i cant take anything else more and more shit all the time, they just want me to sink, they win. / i hope they feel great about it. at least my executor is who i want it to be

Hopefully, these messages will turn out to be more of Courtney‘s meaningless rants … but it is concerning that she is talking about a “dark night” then all the poison and executor talk. Hopefully she will sleep off whatever it is that is is going thru right now. In the same stream of tweets, Courtney announces that she is “dating” Salem frontman Jack Donahue:


Courtney and Jack were photographed together by Terry Richardson earlier this month:


Again, let’s hope that Courtney‘s darker tweets today are just talk … if she is really dating Donahue, hopefully she can find happiness with him.

[Source, Source]

Lindsay Lohan Vows To Remain Clean & Sober

Posted: 16 May 2011 09:02 AM PDT

In the wake of Lindsay Lohan‘s latest brush with the law, that resulted in NO jailtime but 3 years of probation, L. Lo has reportedly vowed to turn over a new leaf and stay CLEAN and SOBER so that she will remain TOTALLY out of trouble with the law. In completely unrelated news, Lindsay spent part of her weekend partying with BFF Marilyn Manson (of all people) at the DeLeon Tequila Two Year Anniversary party at the Chateau Marmont last night … because that is the BEST way to stay completely clean and sober, apparently.

Lindsay Lohan plans to stay on the straight and narrow for the REST OF HER LIFE — telling friends, she’s serious this time … no drugs, no booze, no breaking the law … ever again … PERIOD. Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ, the actress had an epiphany after her sentencing — and is completely at peace with the judge’s decision … community service, fines, counseling, shoplifters alternative class … the whole package. Technically, Lindsay is REQUIRED to stay sober during her formal probation — which ends after she completes her 480 hours of community service — but we’re told, it doesn’t matter … Lindsay’s committed to sobriety for the long haul. One thing … Lindsay does take issue with the three-year probation itself — telling friends she doesn’t think she deserves it — but que sera sera … she has learned to accept her fate. Bottom line — her friends are adamant … Lindsay has learned her lesson once and for all.

Bless her poor, little heart. Trust me, I would LOVE for Lindsay to seriously embrace sobriety and turn her life around but it’s silly for her to think she can stay clean and sober and still hang out at things like tequila events without falling sway to temptation. I honestly fear for her life and personally believe that the only way she will truly clean up her life is to actually clean up her life. That would require no parties, no situations where alcohol and/or drugs are easily available. Do I believe she got wasted on tequila at the DeLeon party last night? No. But was the opportunity available to her? Yes, absolutely. As much as I’d love to believe that Lindsay has finally learned her lesson and will really work toward staying sober, I just cannot. This kind of lip-service has been paid many, many, many times before. Actions speak louder than words … and it’s gonna take some time for her to actually prove that she means what she says. In the long run, I hope Lindsay Lohan is successful … but there is no way I believe she is truly serious about cleaning up her life … at least not yet.

[Photo credit: Wireimage; Source]

And The Winner Of ‘Survivor: Redemption Island’ Is . . .

Posted: 16 May 2011 08:37 AM PDT

Back in January, we learned that Survivor All-Star alums Boston Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz were asked to return to compete in Survivor: Redemption Island in a head-to-head battle against one another and against the cast of newcomers all vying for the $1 million dollar prize and the title of Sole Survivor. Last night, in the season finale, Rob managed to make it to the absolute finals alongside newcomers Natalie Tenerelli and Phillip Sheppard and the winner of the whole shebang was announced during the live Survivor Reunion aftershow that immediately followed the finale. If you have yet to watch last night’s ep, you may want to come back and read this full poster a little later one. If you would like to find out who did win Survivor: Redemption Island, click below.

It took four attempts, but “Boston” Rob Mariano finally won “Survivor.” The trash-talking 35-year-old veteran of the CBS reality series overcame wacky 52-year-old former federal agent Phillip Sheppard and 19-year-old dancer Natalie Tenerelli to take home the $1-million grand prize on Sunday’s finale of “Survivor: Redemption Island.” Mariano said he earned eight votes from the nine-person jury of dismissed contestants. “You don’t know for sure until the votes are read, but I had a pretty good feeling,” Mariano said during a phone interview following the finale. “I played my heart out. I love this game, but you’ve got to get lucky along the way, too. I know what it takes. It’s really, really difficult. I’m really, really happy things happened the way they did this time.” Mariano, who previously competed on the “Marquesas,” ”All-Stars” and “Heroes vs. Villains” seasons, dominated the Nicaragua-set 22nd edition of “Survivor,” securing his place in the final trio by winning four individual immunity challenges and calculating the demise of most of the season’s newbie castaways, including several of his own allies. “I knew from the very beginning that if I was able to get my foot in the door, and if I could get these people to at least play with me, that I would have a shot,” said Mariano, who returned to the game with “Samoa” bad boy Russell Hantz. “They didn’t realize how nervous that I was the first day out there. They held all the power, but they didn’t know that” … “He did everything, and most importantly, he managed to blindside Matt,” said David Murphy, the 31-year-old Zapatera tribe member who became the first member of the jury. “In the process of doing that, he sent a message to his tribe that if any of you show any signs of not being loyal, you’re gonna go home. He controlled all of you. He controlled your minds.” Jeff Probst, the show’s host, said it was as “close to a perfect game as anybody’s played.” At the end of the finale, Probst revealed that the 23rd season would be strikingly similar to the 22nd edition: “Survivor: South Pacific” and will feature 16 new castaways and two veteran players. It premieres this fall.


As a long time Survivor fan, I have to confess that this season was kinda boring … but that is ONLY because Boston Rob played the game so perfectly from the start that he not only controlled every aspect of the game but he didn’t allow for anyone else to even come close to beating him. I, along with many of you I’m sure, was COMPLETELY annoyed to DEATH by crazy Phillip and his ridiculous everything. But knowing how expertly Rob plays Survivor, I knew for a fact that Rob was going to take him all the way to the end, ensuring his $1 million dollar win. It was painful having to endure Phillip week after week after week … but Rob knew what he was doing and he absolutely deserved the money. Runner-up Natalie, for her part, was very cute … but totally forgettable. Her only argument for the $1 million dollar prize was to make very clear that all she did was follow Rob‘s orders and ride his coattails. The jury really had no choice whatsoever when it came to picking the winner. Boston Rob won and deservedly so. BUT, let’s be clear, it took him 4 times to finally win … when most newcomers end up winning without multiple tries. To be honest, as kinda boring as it was, I did enjoy this season. The added twist of Redemption Island was a nice update. I’m curious to see how the gimmick works next season when Survivor: South Pacific debuts in the Fall. Now that players will go in expecting Redemption Island, that should add a new element to the evolving game.

In the end, tho, all the congrats goes to Rob … he finally got the job done.

[Photo credit: Wireimage; Source]

Britney Spears Covers The June 2011 Issue Of ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ Magazine

Posted: 16 May 2011 07:51 AM PDT

Britney Spears, who made a quick appearance at KIIS FM‘s 2011 Wango Tango concert festival this weekend, is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of Harper’s Bazaar. In her interview, Britney talks about the release of her 7th album Femme Fatale as well as her upcoming Summer tour The Femme Fatale Tour. Britney also talks about the “normal life” that she loves so much … plus, she features in a really fun, really beautiful photospread. Check out excerpts from Britney‘s Bazaar feature below.

On her new album, Femme Fatale, which is receiving the best reviews of her almost-20-year career: “I’ve worked so hard on this album, so it’s really refreshing.”

On preparing for her upcoming tour: "I love to dance, so it's very exciting. The tour rehearsals have been going really well. I think it will be my best show yet."

On how being a mom affected how she approaches her career: "I think things through a little bit more, and I worry a lot. I'm more straightforward, and I speak up more than I did before. When I was younger, I wouldn't speak up as much, but now that I'm a mom, things have changed."

On what people don’t know about her: "I'm pretty normal, you know? Like I said, the type of day I love is just like everybody else's. I'm like everybody else."


Awww … she looks so great. The start of The Femme Fatale Tour is mere WEEKS away so very soon, her life of normalcy will get uprooted for a bit … but it sounds like she is trying to stay as grounded as she can, while she still can. It’s so awesome to have her back in music mode. Femme Fatale will surely be one of my fave albums of the year and I’m hoping her tour will be as much of a blast as all her previous tours have been. Check out some photos from Britney‘s Harper’s Bazaar photospread below. Tell me she doesn’t look utterly fantastic in each and every one!

051611_brithbmag01 051611_brithbmag02 051611_brithbmag03 051611_brithbmag04 051611_brithbmag05 051611_britneyhbmag 051611_britneyhbmagfeat 051611_britneyhbmagmore

[Photo credit: Alexi Lubomirski for Harper's Bazaar; Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment