Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Jennifer Lawrence Does ‘Elle’ Magazine

Posted: 17 May 2011 05:30 PM PDT

Jennifer Lawrence, who will play Katniss Everdeen in the big screen adaptation of The Hunger Games next year and plays mutant Mystique in X-Men: First Class next month, is featured in the new issue of Elle magazine. In her feature, Lawrence talks about her whirlwind life now that she is enjoying HUGE success in Hollywood and in her photospread for the mag, she rocks a lot of different high fashion looks like a pro. Check out some excerpts from her Elle magazine interview and some photos from her beautiful spread.

On getting ready for the Oscars: "Fifteen minutes before, the guy doing my hair goes, 'If you can get a salad, get a salad…I said, 'I'm getting a Philly cheesesteak.' I'm sure there's proof on a hotel bill somewhere."

On preparing for her role in X-Men First Class: "I knew that if I was going to be naked in front of the world, I wanted to look like a woman and not a prepubescent 13-year-old boy…I'm so sick of people thinking that's what we're supposed to look like."

On growing up with two older brothers: "Being the youngest and the only girl, I think everyone was so worried about me being a brat that they went in the exact opposite direction of treating me like Cinderella. I'd slap my brother on the arm, and he'd throw me down the stairs. I was always like, 'Can we talk about excessive force, please?'"

On getting used to star treatment: "When you're on set, everybody's like, 'Oh, do you need water? Here's 45 bottles!' It's really bizarre…I'm still getting used to it. I'm still in wonderland."


I just love this girl! She is such a huge talent … one that is capable of enjoying a very long and successful film career. These photos are just beautiful. I really love the last photo … it’s so striking, so chic. I think she will make an excellent Mystique in X-Men but it’s the role of Katniss that’s really got me intrigued. I love the Hunger Games books so much that I want to see the movies do the books justice. Katniss is a big role … I can’t wait to see how Jennifer Lawrence will bring the character to life. As for these photos, what do y’all think? Do you love?

[Photo credit: Source]

‘Detroit 1-8-7′ Star James McDaniel Pens A Beautiful Love Letter To The City Of Detroit

Posted: 17 May 2011 04:30 PM PDT

Back in March, rapper Eminem released a song titled Letter to Detroit that was essentially a love letter from Em to his beloved city of Detroit. Today we get to read a new love letter to Detroit, this one penned by Detroit 1-8-7 star James McDaniel. As you may know by now, Detroit 1-8-7 was canceled by ABC so there will be no more episodes of the gritty crime drama set and filmed in Detroit. McDaniel is not a Detroit native, but he fell in love with the city during his time filming the series and was asked by the Detroit Free Press to write a letter of goodbye to the city in the wake of 1-8-7‘s cancellation. Please take some time to read the letter below … it is so moving, so beautiful and so representative of the city that I love with all my heart.

Dear Paris of the Midwest,

We will miss you. Together we did some things we should all be very proud of. We employed more people of color than any show in the history of national network television. We had blacks and whites working shoulder to shoulder and it was frictionless. We froze our tokhes to the bone until ungodly hours of the morning — and lived to laugh about it. We created a drama most critics confirmed as one of the best of the season. We started our relationship skeptical of each other, settled our differences, then got on with the business at hand. We showed the world what the D really looked like. We taught each other. And most of all, we got some folks paid! Alas, our love affair was short-lived … I think it was because not enough found out how truly beautiful we were together. I think sometimes when you break the mold the mold breaks you. I think sometimes when you lose your incentives, you lose your incentive. The governor asked the wrong people if the tax break was good for Michigan. Those folks were already getting paid. I think if the governor had vision he would have seen the people of Michigan gaining not only financially, but emotionally, artistically, and creatively. He would have seen the opportunity to promote the state worldwide as well as the tarnished image of Detroit. The tangible as well as the intangible. I think when you fall in love there are no guarantees, and life isn’t fair. Thank you, Detroit, for giving me one of the best years of my life. I will always remember you fondly.

Yours truly,

James McDaniel

I’ve read this letter over and over about 10 times now … and I get teared up each and every time. This is why I love talking about Detroit as much as I can. When Eminem talks about his love of the city, it’s understandable … it’s his home, of course he loves the city. But McDaniel‘s letter shows you what kind of effect the city can have on anyone who gets to spend any time in the city. Altho I wasn’t surprised to learn that Detroit 1-8-7 was canceled, I still was crushed. I loved seeing beautiful Detroit featured on the small screen week after week. It’s my home and I love it … and I am always so happy to highlight other people’s love of the city. This is a beautiful letter. One that I hope the people of Detroit will cherish.

[Source]

Watch: The New ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Spring Into Action

Posted: 17 May 2011 03:30 PM PDT

Earlier this month we got our first look at the first batch of official photos released by ABC of the new version of Charlie’s Angels. Today we get to check out a new batch of photos of the Angels — played by Annie Ilonzeh, Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor — and this batch includes a photo of the girls in the classic Angels pose. Check out the pics below.

ABC gave us a few new looks at Charlie's Angels this morning … after announcing its fall schedule. Here's your first look at Ramon Rodriguez as Bosley, in addition to Annie Ilonzeh, Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor (the show's tagline: 'They're Angels, Not Saints").


HMMMMMM … I’m not sure how I feel about the new Bosley … but, a revamp is a revamp and some big changes are to be expected I suppose. As cool as all of the photos are, I think the preview video below will give us our real first taste of the new Angels in action:


Okay, yes the ladies kick ass … but the “we’re not cops, we’re Angels” line was a bit cheesy. I dunno … I think I’ll have to check out this series to see if it’s worth investing in. I’m still on the fence, to be honest. What do y’all think of this first look at the new Charlie’s Angels in action?

[Source, Source]

Victoria Beckham Finally Starts To Look Pregnant

Posted: 17 May 2011 02:30 PM PDT

Always on the move Victoria Beckham was spotted making her way thru LAX Airport this week bound for wherever and for the first time this pregnancy, she really looked like a pregnant woman. Vicki B. sported a bit of a baby bump at the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton late last month but in the photos below, the maternityesque baby-doll dress that she is wearing really makes her bump stand out. Check out the photos below and see for yourselves.

She has made an art out of concealing her bump with customised designer maternity wear. But Victoria Beckham looked every inch of her seven-month pregnancy on her way through LAX Airport in Los Angeles. Mrs Beckham, who watched her husband David play with his team LA Galaxy over the weekend, is rumoured to have insisted on pink presents at her May 7 baby shower, held at Hotel Le Petit Ermitage in Hollywood … The designer is expecting her fourth child, a girl, in July and is understood to have indulged in a huge shopping spree for baby clothes in Harrods during her recent visit to London for the Royal Wedding … But while she is looking forward to the birth, the designer is also said to be thinking about getting back into shape post-pregnancy, and has already hired trainer-to-the-stars Tracy Anderson, the News Of The World reports. The pint-size trainer is famous for Madonna’s muscles and also for transforming the bodies of Gwyneth Paltrow and Courteney Cox. Mrs Beckham wants to lose 20 pounds in four to six weeks with Anderson’s help, the paper claims.

LOL! While I don’t believe the bit about VB already planning on getting her body back post-pregnancy, I do believe the bit about all the maternity wear shopping she may have done in London ;) I LOVE Vicki B. when she looks all pregnant … she makes a beautiful pregnant woman and I am really looking forward to her bump getting bigger and bigger. This is the pregs VB I remember … it’s gonna be fun to watch her grow.

[Source]

Alexander Skarsgård Does ‘GQ’ Magazine

Posted: 17 May 2011 01:30 PM PDT

True Blood hottie Alexander Skarsgård is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of GQ magazine and in his coverstory interview, he talks about those passionate love scenes he does with Anna Paquin on TB, the perceived shallowness of Hollywood and the travails of coming from an acting family (his father is Stellan Skarsgard, who currently stars in Thor). Click below to see Alexander‘s beautiful GQ coverphoto, read some excerpts from his coverstory interview and check out photos from his GQ photospread.

On the love scenes with Anna Paquin – who is married to their True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer: "It's really clear to Steve and to everybody else what the deal is—which is that Anna is like a sister to me… Those love scenes take quite a bit of acting, actually. A lot of acting."

On why he decided to join the Swedish military: "It was my way of going off into the unknown," he says. "I didn't want to just be somebody's son."

On LA versus his native country: "You walk into the coffee shop, and the girl asks how your day is. When I first moved here, I loved that. I know it's shallow and superficial and she doesn't give a fuck about my day, but I still like it," he says. Sweden, by contrast, is more reserved. "It's difficult to get to know a Swede. But once you do, you're in," he says. And there's a stronger sense of boundaries. "You're never going to see a television show The Skarsgårds."

On his famous father, actor Stellan Skarsgård: "I don't think I came to acting to compete with my father. But, you know, he wasn't around as much as normal dads, and seeing his passion…Maybe it was a way to get his attention… I mean, if anything, we're trying to take care of him. He's over the hill."

Stellan on Alex and his brothers: "Of course I'm threatened," he says of his sons. "They're younger, they're better-looking, and they're all trying to kill me."


I love Alexander, I really do … but I take issue with his comment that Hollywood is shallow just because people ask him how his day is. True, many people in our culture ask that question as a courtesy or as a greeting but it has nothing to do with the shallowness of Hollywood. But, if that is his perception then so be it. He strikes me as a very serious man … which can be appealing from afar. IMHO, Alexander Skarsgård is the best thing about True Blood and I am a big fan of his work. I’m also a big fan of his father Stellan‘s work. Those Skarsgårds are a very talented bunch, I’d say. And how about those amazing genes? Do you not love Alexander‘s GQ photos? Can someone please tell me how it is possible for one man to look so pretty.

[Photo credit: Carter Smith/GQ; Source]

James Franco Graduates From NYU

Posted: 17 May 2011 01:14 PM PDT

Congratulations are in order for actor James Franco because he is a new graduate from New York University. A photo of Franco in his purple robes made its way to Twitter yesterday so we know for sure that he did successfully complete his graduate program. Check out the photo below of new grad James Franco.

James Franco sitting dangerously close to ITP grads. YES

Awww … well, at least he accomplished something. Perhaps Franco‘s TERRRRRRRIBLE performance co-hosting the Academy Awards back in February was due to all the arduous studying he had to do for school? If so, then it looks like all of that hard work really paid off. Congrats, James! Now that you’re a college graduate, maybe you can get a real job ;)

[Source via Source]

Rainy Days & Mondays

Posted: 17 May 2011 12:41 PM PDT

The weather has cooled down considerably here in LA and the rain has begun to fall. In fact, the rain started to fall last night so I think we are moving into the “June Gloom” season earlier than expected :( David and I got to hang out with Emma and Josh last night as they housesat for friends and basically just spent the night catching up and eating take-out. ‘Twas a quiet night here in SoCal … but quiet nights with friends are the best nights ever.


Emma is the proud owner of a new white iPhone 4 from Verizon, an early birthday present from her fiancée Josh so we spent some time playing with her new phone. With her birthday coming up this week, we had some planning to do as well so we just had a really nice night together. The chilly weather today will ensure that David and I stay indoors for as long as we can … but tonight, we venture out to Pomona, CA to see Lauryn Hill in concert. I’ve been a Lauryn Hill fan for years … long before she kinda went crazy. I’ve always wanted to see her in concert so I’m really excited for tonight’s show. I hope your Tuesday is going well … and that it is warm and sunny where you are ;)

Les News, 051711

Posted: 17 May 2011 11:55 AM PDT

Happy 46th Birthday, Trent Reznor

Posted: 17 May 2011 11:09 AM PDT

I want to take some time today to send out some major BIRTHDAY LURVE to Trent Reznor today as he celebrates another year of life. The past year has been a pretty significant one for Mr. Reznor … as he moved into his first full year of marriage with his beautiful wife Mariqueen, he welcomed the birth of a son last October and then went on a winning streak all movie awards season long, culminating in his first Academy Award at the Oscars this past February. Today, Trent turns another year older and that is absolutely cause for much celebration!


One can only hope that Trent‘s 46th year will be as happy and successful as last year but as long as he is healthy and in the company of his growing family, things can only get better. I know there are many more successes to come in Trent‘s life and today let’s just send all our birthday love and best wishes to him for many, many Happy Birthdays to come. Woot!!

[Photo credit: Wireimage]

First Listen: Lady Gaga, ‘Marry The Night’

Posted: 17 May 2011 10:58 AM PDT

Lady Gaga, who released a new song titled Hair yesterday, unleashed another track upon the Internets from her soon to be released second album Born This Way. Because she has teamed up with the online video game Farmville, Gaga fans have to log onto the new Gagaville video game site to hear this new track. For those of you who do not want to have to visit Gagaville in Farmville, you can listen to the new track Marry The Night below.


Not really a fan of slower, pop ballads … not even Britney Spears ballads so … eh, I’m not wowed. But it does sound like a nice song, poignant and pretty. What do y’all think of Lady Gaga‘s latest offering? Is this one of the best songs you’ve heard from the Born This Way album thus far?

[Source]

Britney Spears Releases A New Fragrance Called ‘Cosmic Radiance’

Posted: 17 May 2011 10:39 AM PDT

Last July we learned that Britney Spears was readying the release of her 9th celebrity fragrance called Radiance. Because that fragrance was such a huge success the time is ripe for Britney to release a 10th fragrance … called Cosmic Radiance. Between releasing her album Femme Fatale in March and launching her new tour in June, the time is right NOW to unleash another perfume upon the world. Do you want to be “the brightest star in the universe”? Then Cosmic Radiance by Britney Spears is the fragrance for you.

After successful fragrance Radiance which surprised us with its flacon created of transparent, turquoise and pink surfaces, its successor with the same form and different notes arrives! This is a completely new perfume, Cosmic Radiance, which arrives on the market in 2011, in a flacon with the same design as last year’s Radiance, created of black and glittery-transparent surfaces reminding of gems. A small dose of elegance and femininity is added by pink color of the neck of the bottle. The new fragrance Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance is inspired by a star which twinkles brighter than all other stars, a star of a distant galaxy, far away from this world. Composition of the new cosmic glow by Britney Spears opens with strong and optimistic citruses, and a refreshing glittery red bouquet opening its fragrant petals in the very heart of the composition. Base notes twinkle and warm with notes of amber, soft vanilla and creamy sandalwood. The fragrance can be expected with launch of new remix album by Britney Spears. “Be the brightest star of the universe!" – says Britney. The fragrance will be launched under license of Elizabeth Arden.

I mean … really? Does the world really need a 10th Britney Spears fragrance? I guess so. In the end, I totally get that these celebrity fragrances make a lot of money for everyone involved so it makes sense to keep churning them out one after the next but … I think by the 10th smell, enough is enough. BUT who am I to deprive anyone of the opportunity to smell like their fave celeb. I fully expect to see these bejeweled bottles of Cosmic Radiance on sale at the upcoming series of Britney Spears concerts. I can’t wait to smell what her shows will be like ;)

[Source]

Maria Shriver Issues A Statement About Schwarzenegger’s Infidelity

Posted: 17 May 2011 09:57 AM PDT

Late last night, the LA Times broke the story that former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered an illegitimate child 10 years ago with a household staffer while he was still married to wife Maria Shriver. Arnold issued a mea culpa statement as soon as the news broke but Maria has been silent … until now. Shriver has issued a statement on her husband’s infidelity which you can read in full below.

“This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment.”

Man … I really, really feel for Maria. It’s been pretty common knowledge that she has been unhappy in her marriage for years but she stuck with her husband thru it all. Now to be slapped in the face with the truth of how shitty her husband truly was … for 10 years of their 25 year marriage? I can’t even being to comprehend what that kind of betrayal must be like to endure. All of this information is relatively new to her … she only just recently learned about her husband’s infidelity AND his illegitimate child WITH A WOMAN THAT LIVED IN HER HOME FOR A DECADE … ugh! Talk about pouring salt into an already bloody wound. My hear truly goes out to Maria. I hope she is able to find some semblance of peace. This is all just so incredibly sad for her :(

[Source]

First Look: Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Bring Their Twins Home From The Hospital

Posted: 17 May 2011 09:35 AM PDT

Over the weekend, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon were finally able to bring their twin children Monroe and Moroccan Scott home from the hospital and today we get our FIRST LOOK at the new parents as they made their way home from the hospital with their little babies. New daddy Nick Cannon picked up his family in his snazzy Rolls Royce and the babies were securely fastened in the back seat under their baby blankets. Click below to see the Carey-Cannon family as they left the hospital Saturday headed for home.

Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon took their newborn twins home this weekend. The pop singer gave birth to Moroccan Scott Cannon and Monroe Cannon just over two weeks ago, and Cannon said that the couple couldn’t be happier to have their children home. “My twins came home [today],” Cannon told Access Hollywood at an event on Saturday night. “I didn’t even want to leave, but I had to because I’ve got to be here.” He added: “It’s the first day to have my children at home so I’ve been loving that.” Cannon admitted that despite his excitement, he was slightly nervous about taking on sole responsibility for the children now that they are out of hospital. “There’s no hospital rooms and there’s no nurses, it’s just us,” Cannon explained. “So it’s real. It’s a lil’ scary at times, but we’re handling it.” Cannon also said Carey was up and about and is feeling ‘”great” now that she is back at home.

Look at that smile on Mimi‘s face … that’s a happy new mama, y’all. You can see Moroccan Scott‘s blue baby blanket behind Mariah but Monroe‘s pink blanket is hidden behind Nick. The family has been home for about 4 days now so they must be settling in nicely as a new family. It is so cool to finally get our first look at new mama Mariah … now, I really can’t wait to see the babies themselves!!

[Photo credit: INFdaily; Source]

Ashton Kutcher & ‘Two And A Half Men’ Creator Chuck Lorre Surface Together In Public

Posted: 17 May 2011 09:00 AM PDT

Last week we learned that Ashton Kutcher has been hired by CBS and Warner Bros. to replace Charlie Sheen as the lead on the hit sitcom Two and a Half Men. Over the weekend, TMZ managed to snap a photo of Ashton and Men creator/writer Chuck Lorre having a powwow over coffee in Glendale, CA. It’s unclear if the guys were talking business or were just chillin’ in an effort to get to know one another but it is the first time the guys have been seen together in public since news of Ashton‘s casting was announced last week.

“Two and a Half Men” creator Chuck Lorre and his newest employee Ashton Kutcher made their first public appearance together this weekend … facing off over java at a Glendale coffee shop.

And so it begins … these two men will be working together very closely in the coming weeks and months in an effort to make the new version of Two and a Half Men a hit. Each has a large vested stake in the show’s success so I’m certain these two will become the best of friends very quickly. The new version of Two and a Half Men could be a major success or an embarrassing failure … or it could just carry on as it always has, entertaining its audience in the same way as ever. Will it be a hit? Time will tell.

[Source]

Seth MacFarlane Will Bring ‘The Flintstones’ Back To TV

Posted: 17 May 2011 08:03 AM PDT

The classic 60′s animated TV series The Flintstones, that has lived on and on and on in reruns, is getting the reboot treatment … by none other than Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane. Fox announced at it’s Fall upfronts yesterday that they will air this new animated version of The Flintstones on their network, tho no release date has been announced. Will this be a case of Yabba Dabba Wahoo? Or Yabba Dabba Don’t?

The Flintstones are heading back to television, courtesy of irreverent Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, Fox television said today. MacFarlane will give a 21st century spin to the classic 1960s animated comedy series about the lives of Fred Flintstone, his wife Wilma, and their neighbours Barney and Betty Rubble. ‘The very first cartoon character I drew at age two was Fred Flintstone,’ MacFarlane said in a statement. ‘So it’s appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. ‘Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him,’ he added. The new animated series will feature MacFarlane’s modern-day take on the lives of the Flintstones and the Rubbles, two hard-working middle-class families living with contemporary conveniences in the dinosaur-era town of Bedrock. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said the network hoped to introduce the prehistoric characters to a ‘whole new generation.’ ‘Fox has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air,’ Reilly said. Fox said production would start in the fall of 2011 and would likely air some time in 2013. The Flintstones will be a joint production between 20th Century Fox Television and Warners Bros. Television, the owners of the Hanna-Barbera collection of animated titles. The popular cartoon first appeared on U.S. television in the 1960s and has inspired numerous television specials, three Hollywood movies and videogames.

This news has me very conflicted. The Flintstones is one of the first TV shows that I remember watching as a child and I have a deep love for the series. While I think it would be wonderful for a new generation of children to be introduced to these characters, I just know there is no way a new version of the series can outdo the original … no way at all. I remember when they tried to revamp the Loony Tunes (Bugs Bunny and friends) back in the 90′s and it was a terrible failure. I’m curious to see what a new version of The Flintstones will look like but I can’t say I’m dying for a Flintstones revamp. What do y’all think of this news? Are you excited/interested in a Flintstones revamp? Does this sound like the worst news ever?

[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment