Friday, May 6, 2011

PNC Park Pittsburgh & a bit of Red Sox Love



Over the five nights we spent in Pittsburgh, Dale took me to four baseball games. Yay! :)

I know the Pittsburgh Pirates are nothing to write home about - just ask anyone from Pittsburgh. 
But the PNC Baseball Park in Pittsburgh is arguably one of the most beautiful ball parks in America. It's absolutely stunning with a fantastic view of the Pittsburgh skyline, the beautiful Clemente bridge in the background and if you sit high enough you can see part of the Allegheny river too.

The Pirates were playing pretty decently at the games we saw them at actually - three games against the Washington Nationals and one game against the San Francisco Giants (they have a great pitcher). I wouldn't have known the Pirates were that bad of a team if it weren't for all the empty seats it the stadium :S





Dale's a huge Boston Red Sox fan. 
I know pretty much nothing about baseball, but Dale's getting me onto the Red Sox side. Plus, he bought me some Red Sox gear so I decided to wear it to the Pirates game. So we both showed some love for the Red Sox at the Pittsburgh games LOL 




This was my outfit for one of the games - it was raining at this particular game:
Baseball cap & t-shirt: Boston Red Sox gear
Jeans: Almost Famous (which I talked about in this post)
Bracelet: Aldo Shoes
Heels: Charlotte Russe (the floral ones - close up in this post)




Isn't PNC Park beautiful?! 
I mean, look at how you can see the Pittsburgh skyline from our seats and the beautiful yellow coloured Clemente bridge. You can even see the river.





And now you can see how many seats are empty at a typical Pirates home game....
Honestly, the few of the workers at the baseball park that we ran into remembered Dale & I during the four games because there just aren't many people going to the games. 




The night view of the city is just as stunning as it is during the daytime although my camera didn't capture the beauty of it - the strong baseball field lights didn't help the picture either. 




See what I mean about the empty seats? 
Mind you, Dale got us the club lounge seats at all the games. They were great because you have access to this large club lounge which is very nice inside. And you don't have to worry about the weather - like if it starts raining you can just head into the club lounge until the rain ceases. 





So, you know what PNC Park does to try to entice people to come to the games? 
They give out free souvenirs on certain nights and they even have fireworks after certain games later in the summertime. Ooo fireworks! I know a lot of sporting events give out free souvenirs here and there but it's much more so at PNC Park. I got a free Pirates t-shirt, an Andrew McCutchen figurine (I love how he steals bases!) and a cup sleeve.





Okay so I was told that the San Francisco Giants are a pretty good baseball team. One of their pitchers is really good! So the turn out to this game was better - as you can see, there are more people at this game 




Me outside of PNC Park. 
Jacket: Guess 

Speaking of Guess, when Dale & I went to Atlantic City for an overnight trip during our New York trip, I went into a G by Guess store. I love the style of clothes in the G by Guess store more than the regular Guess store! Too bad there aren't any G by Guess stores in Canada though :( 


I feel so lucky that Dale brought me to four baseball games during our trip. 
I must say I developed a new soft spot for the Pirates and I'm absolutely in love with PNC Park!! 

I highly recommend checking out a baseball game if you're visiting Pittsburgh. Plus, it's a bonus that the Pirates aren't that great of a team since the baseball tickets are priced at an affordable rate considering how beautiful PNC Park is. 


Are you a fan of baseball? 
Do you have any special plans this weekend? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment