Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friday Dinner & Forever 21 Dress Haul

Yesterday my plans got scrapped to go clubbing (see Scavenger Hunt post) so I ended up meeting up with some friends at Fairview Mall. From there we all went to get some Malaysian food for dinner at Restoran Malaysia:

http://www.restoranmalaysia.com/

I ended up getting the Malay Curry with Beef, roti and rice. The curry was pretty good. The roti I found a bit disappointing - it was more sweet than I wanted it to be and not really fluffy. And you know, a lot of social events just evolve around food so as if that wasn't enough, the whole gang wanted to eat dessert at Demetre's. I really should have skipped it but went along since the company was good. Anyways, I felt guilty eating all that food :( I'm actually trying to drop 8-12 lbs at the moment so I need to keep on top of that better.

Anyways, Glenn had told me a new Forever 21 store was open at the Fairview Mall. So I ended up going to the mall a bit early to check out the store before meeting up with friends for dinner. I ended up getting three dresses. I'm really impressed how large this Forever 21 store is. The closest Forever 21 store to me is at Yonge/Dundas but the selection is not nearly as good. Plus, it's such a high traffic area at Yonge/Dundas so all the good stuff sells out within a day or two so I don't bother going there regularly anymore since I get frustrated when all my sizes in nice stuff have sold out :(

Sooo....the first dress is a black lace dress. I have a few black lace dresses but you can never have too many! I know it looks kinda short on my bed, but it's not short and it's fitted


Here's a close up of the lace pattern:



The second dress is a fun, casual dress. It actually looked better on than I expected.



And the third dress is a leopard print dress. Now, I usually avoid a full out leopard outfit but this was too nice to give up. It's fitted and has some gathering along the front with a side bow to the left as seen in the closeup.




Yay for Fairview Mall. I need to visit that place more often now! Too bad it's up town but I guess that's what happens when you live downtown - it's so busy here so a lot of good clothes at cheap places sell out fast. What do you guys think about the dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment