Saturday, August 15, 2009

Digital Scavenger Hunt

When was the last time you went on a scavenger hunt?! I can't remember if I've ever really done one - except the little chocolate easter egg hunt that I may have done as a child. But I'm pretty sure a lot of us have done the easter egg chocolate hunt LOL

So, my friend Glenn invited me out to a Digital Scavenger Hunt this past Thursday. The concept is to solve 12 out of 15 of the clues that were given to all teams, and the solution to each clue would be a place in downtown Toronto that you had to get to. When you got to the place, you and your partner had to get a picture in front of the place. There were two people per team and everything was on foot (no subway, TTC, cabs, bikes, etc....just plain running or walking). We had two hours to complete the tasks. Okay, I must admit I didn't know we had to go on foot. So stupidly I wore uncomfortable plastic flip flops along with a casual dress because I had the impression we could drive to the destinations! Grrrr....so I had a few blisters after it all. I was suppose to go clubbing yesterday night but could not because my feet were so sore still from the night before :( Oh well, next year I'll be ready in my new balance sneakers and sweats! Ha!

Anyways, Glenn did really well on his own. He solved a few clues and his sense of direction and mapping in downtown Toronto is by far excellent compared to mine. LOL. I was really only helpful because I had my internet on my iPhone to google some of the clues! We ended up getting ten of the fifteen clues and Glenn really thought we had a chance at winning this but we didn't place in the top three teams :( It was fun though - but tiring....we speed walked, semi jogged at least a few kilometres in the two hours (and for me, that's tiring because I'm soooo out of shape).

So this was our first destination - the gate 5 of Rogers Centre. We started out at John/Richmond so not too bad....we still look alright here. LOL


Second spot was closeby at the ACC gate 1:



Then we started to really sweat! LOL. But here we are at the Hockey Hall of Fame:



And this was the last clue we solved. We had to take a picture beside Bryan Adam's Canada Walk Of Fame sidewalk plate! I actually had to get down on the ground for this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment