Monday, September 14, 2009

FOTD, desert & a new handbag

I hope your week is off to a great start!

Today I ventured with green eye shadow. I always wished I could be a bit more versatile with my eye shadow colours but it seems that only a few shades compliment my eye/skin/hair colour best....and I don't think green is one of those shades. But I'm not going out anywhere important today or meeting anyone extra special so what the heck! Anyways, I personally think the green eye shadow makes the whites of my eyes more yellow for some odd reason. This is the look:



I used MAC's Steamy eye shadow on the whole eye lid and on the outer 1/3 of my eye lids I used Gosh's Effects Powder in 06 Greeny.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my Mom and older sister. Later on my Dad joined us and we went to a Malaysian take out food place called Gourmet Garden and they're actually pretty good.

In any case we had the regular fried noodles and I had beef curry with roti. The desert however was a Malaysian desert which you might not be as familar with (like me). I wasn't particularly crazy about the deserts like my older sister was...I think it's because it tastes so different than Canadian deserts which is what I grew up and crave (cheesecake, ice cream/frozen yogurt, tartes...mmmm.!). So anyways, I thought I would share a pic or two of the deserts so you can see what I mean by different. At the top of the picture is a Malay desert called Ice Kachang (my Dad said Kachang is "ice" in Malay) and it's not that bad...I tasted cappachino or some sort of mocha flavour to it but I was told it's palm or peanut syrup actually. At the bottom of the same picture is another Malay desert called Chendol. I could really taste the coconut milk in this desert and it's also got some palm or peanut syrup in it too.

Ice Kachang (top) and Chendol (bottom)




Ice Kachang close up:




After you stir around the mountain of ice/peanuts in the Ice Kachang, you can see it has like jello like cubes in it and corn too! Corn in desert is a totally new concept for me so that's why I took this picture too!



Enough about desert....anyhow, I picked up a new handbag today! Yay! LOL. I have a bag similar to this giraffe like print however, I don't have a bag with horse hair on it. I've been eyeing a bag for a while that has that kind of short horse hair on it (I know it sounds weird so I hope you know what I mean). This is the bag I picked up and I'm really happy with it. Can't wait to wear it out!



The inside of the bag is lined in red:




A close up of the bag so you see what I mean about the texture/hair (I don't want to call it fur!):



And the bag is pretty spacious and large. I like big handbags because I always carry around a crap load of stuff! So this is a quick picture of me with my new bag:



Let me know what you were up to this weekend and how your week is going so far to start =)
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment