Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MAC Studio Moisture Tint

I'm loving the MAC Studio Moisture Tint that came out in MAC's Baby Bloom Collection over the summer. I pretty much got mine the day it came out so I've been using it very often for the past month or so....and I think that's enough time for me to really pass judgement on it!




So I got mine in the shade "Medium Dark". I really should be a Medium instead (I'm an NC30) but since I bronze myself up enough to be like an NC35-37, I figure it's fine to use the Medium Dark shade and then use my bronzer with a very light hand.

I'm not really a tinted moisturizer type of girl because I like medium buildable coverage when it comes to foundation. But this tinted moisturizer really surprised me with the amount of coverage it gave - it's definitely a medium coverage in terms of foundation and after using a bit of concealer and powder to finish it off, it gives the same coverage as any other foundation I have right now. I apply it with my fingers so perhaps that's why I get a heavier coverage out of it - I'm sure if I used my foundation brush to apply this, it would be a lighter coverage.

I really like the feel of this tinted moisturizer because it is lightweight. It's not drying at all and not oily either like some liquid foundations and I really like how there is an SPF 15 in it.

The tinted moisturizer lasts just as long as any other long wearing foundation I have at the moment (Revlon Colourstay and MAC's Studio fix foundation powder) even in humid weather since I was wearing it during some very humid days here in Toronto.

In terms of the smell, I think I can smell a slight hint of sunscreen in it but it has a really light scent which is somewhat pleasant (not a bad smell for me at least) and it'll fade away by the time it settles into your skin.

I honestly can't think of anything negative about this tinted moisturizer and I've noticed I've reached for this more often than my other foundations in the past month. I've already repurchased a second tube since I'm down to about 1/4 of my first tube and I highly recommend this if you're looking for a leight weight, long wearing foundation that provides medium buildable coverage.

I already have my younger sister onto this tinted moisturizer and I she's totally into the full coverage foundation (MAC studio fix, Make Up Forever's Full Coverage concealer, some powder as well)!

Anyways, I hope this review helps! Have you tried the MAC Studio Moisture Tint yet? Do you have any favourite tinted moisturizers at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment