Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tag: I think you are an awesome girl

Yay! My first tag! LOL. I was tagged by the lovely Holly at DollyMix184. Her blog is one of my favourite blogs so check her out if you haven't already!

This tag requires 10 random facts about yourself (I know, mine has become a mini story of my life) and then you have to tag 10 people. Okay, lemme see now.....must make this somewhat interesting...:)-

1. Hair: My hair is currently my natural hair colour now and has been since September of last year. But before that I was blonde for about a year and a half. It started off with highlights but then, getting blondish high lights every 5-6 weeks led me to looking like that picture on the bottom right. Yes, that is me in Disney World with Tinkerbell superimposed on my hand! The Disney photographer wanted me to do it! LOL. Ugh, yah, just look at the expression on my face and you'll know what I was thinking! Ha! And that's my older sister with me at Disney. The other picture on the bottom left is me in my kitchen back in April 2008. Time flies! I think my next hair colour attempt will be a deep burgundy brown or perhaps a really really dark navy blue that looks black!

2. Travel: Who the heck doesn't like travelling except, well, maybe my boyfriend (yes, I know....I don't understand him 100% which provides for some excitement in life!). I haven't been anywhere much lately :( The last trip I went on was to see the Kentucky Oaks and Derby (May of this year). It was my first ever horse racing experience and it was awesome! Of course I lost money but whatever....I won't go there! Since the Derby I have been to two other large stakes races: The Queen's Plate (Canada's Largest horse yearly horse racing event) and The Prince Of Wales (part of the Triple Crown for racing). Anyhow, I travelled with three friends to Kentucky: Lynn, Sonia and Glenn. I even made my own hat! Haha....it was the first time I've used glue gun on my own so I'm quite proud of myself and I got sooo many compliments on my hat - probably because it was a tad bit outrageous but that's how it is with hats at the Oaks/Derby. All the ladies and gents were dressed up lovely and it was so nice to see that. Plus, people are sooo friendly in Kentucky! So much more kinder than most folks in Toronto :(

Derby Day: Lynn on the left and me on the right. My feet were killing (like, my feet bled the day before) so I had to wear my flip flops instead of my nice high heels which I wore all day the day before.


Oaks Day: The friends I travelled with. From left to right: Sonia, myself, Lynn & Glenn. Gosh, Lynn looks like she's chewing a flower from my hat!



3. Pets: Absolutely a dog lover here. But I do have a soft spot for pretty much all pets (unless you have like a tarantula as a pet.....but I mean, I wouldn't harm it but you know, I wouldn't want to run up and pet it!). So, at my place I have two small pets: a guinea pig named Bobo (I adopted him with that name and just ended up keeping it since I'm oh so creative with names) and a gerbil named Mousie (I named my gerbil - see what I mean about my creativity?).

My beloved guinea pig Bobo:


Bobo again! Look at him staring at the camera! LOL. He's like, "what are you doing?


Awww...and here's Mousie looking smart beside his alfalfa log.


And at my parent's house we have more pets! Our family dog is a gorgeous Saint Bernard and his name is Brady. I love him to death like he's any other member of my family. And here he is on my parent's front porch. Awww, Brady!



My parents also have lovebirds and fish but I'll save that for another post!

4. Ethnicity: No sexy accent here (unless you like a plain Canadian one). I was born and raised in Toronto (I live a 10 minute walk from the hospital I was born in). Lovely place in general for a large city - sometimes though, the people can be as cold as the winter weather ...jk. Both my parents were born and raised in Malaysia.
Okay, so since I posted pictures for all my facts so far, here's a couple of lovely pictures taken while I was canoeing at Centre Island. It's a nice escape from the busy city and only a 5 minute ferry ride away from downtown Toronto.



Oh, and look, you can see the CN Tower and the busy city from across part of the lake!

5. School: I went to University of Toronto for my bachelor's degree in Biology (my major) with a minor in Chem and Psych. I always did well in school until I went to University where I started to hate my subjects and dislike school in general - memorizing a crap load of rubbish and regugitating it all out on my next test and whoever did that best got A+. I think education is very very important so don't get me wrong. Academics is just not for me :( And here I am when I was probably 4 years old....oblivious to how much I would detest university studies in years to come. Ha!



6. Drinks: I like drinking water, green tea, peppermint tea, soy milk and my choice of alcohol at the moment is a light white wine.
I actually like water and thanks to my Hydracoach it keeps me motivated to drink more water (I will do a review on my Hydracoach sometime). I use to have no problelm drinking 2-2.5 L of water a day but now I'm down to about 1.5 L of water a day.
My boyfriend loves tea over water so I drink tea mostly when I'm with him and he's all for high quality green tea. I like peppermint tea once in a while because I like peppermint flavoured things!
Soy milk of choice is the brand So Good. I actually do like regular milk (from a cow) and grew up on dairy milk but my younger sister who is a vegetarian sort of worried me when she told me if I knew about the hormones you get from drinking that stuff. Damn, hormones from a cow in me?? I remember one time I bought beef and it said "Antibiotic free, hormone free" and I was like, well then, what about 90% of the other brands of meat that don't have this sticker? I still eat meat daily but I drink soy milk much more often than I drink dairy milk.
As for alcohol, well, I love to go out with friends and party. I'm usually very good with not mixing my drinks or over doing it .... I use to love coolers during university (like Smirnoff coolers...I really don't like rum so I don't do the Bacardi coolers). Then I graduated to beer (Budweiser is still my fave but Corona, Stella, Coors...they're good). Then I started to see signs of that lovely beer pouch. Yah, so now I avoid beer on most occasions and stick to white wine. Red wine makes my head heavy and I get tired easily...not to mention how messy it is when it spills. My choice of white wine at the LCBO at the moment is this one. It's an Italian Pinot Grigio and the brand is Cavit. One bottle is cheaper than two glasses of crap wine at the club so that's why I have some lying around in my kitchen:


7. Health: On my last annual blood test in July, the only thing I am lacking is, get this, Vitamin D. Yes, the sunshine one. So I joked with my doctor that he now gave me a reason to go tanning. He chuckled but became all serious and told me to take supplements and avoid the sun. Okay, so this is what happens when the majority of the time you go out, it's dark, late at night and you're out to party.
8. First makeup experience: I'm just like Holly (the lovely girl that tagged me for this post) in the sense that I started makeup when I was like 2 or 3 years old too (before kindergarden)! My first makeup item was a tube of lipstick and the lipstick was a bubble gum pink colour - probably something I'd wear now! Ha! Anyways, the tube was a robin egg blue colour and the tube was the body of a doll - like the tube of lipstick had plastic fold out arms, legs and a blonde girl's head! LOL. Oh, and who can forget Tinkerbell's peel off nail polish? Tinkerbell cosmetics still exist!

9. Cooking: I can't cook. I also have no desire to learn how to cook. The last time my parents tried to teach me how to stir fry tofu I almost cried because they were yelling at me to hurry up and do this and that - I was worried too because the wok was so damn hot and my Dad put waaay too much oil in there (heat + oil = danger for me). Yah, I'm scared of heat (from the oven, stove top) and scared of sharp knives....so when I cook I use medium/high heat (never max heat unless I'm boiling water) and most of my knives are small and semi blunt. Because I live in downtown Toronto I can get many different kinds of food within a few blocks of where I live so I don't worry about the cooking situation much.

10. Eye sight: Terrible eye sight here. I also have a high astigmatism in both my eyes so basically for my contact lenses, I have to wear "torric lenses" which are contact lenses that cost twice the price of regular ones and correct the astigmatism. And for the longest time I only wore glasses. It's only been the past couple of years that I'm really wearing my contact lenses quite often. This was me back in April of this year with my glasses:
So now I have to tag ten people. Hmmm....well, seeing that I have two followers at the moment I tag my two lovely followers:
And I tag anyone else who wants to do it after reading this. Let me know if you decide to follow up on this tag - would love to read what you have to say!
:) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment