Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mini Urban Planet and MAC haul

I hope your week is going well so far =)

I did pick up a couple of more things at MAC on the weekend. After really liking the MAC Glamour Check! eyeshadow I bought, I thought I would go a bit more reddish. So I decided to pick up MAC Reflects Rust Glitter and MAC Heritage Rouge Pigment.

Here's the Reflects Rust Glitter:



A swatch of the MAC reflects rust glitter (really pretty with like gold glitter in it I think). This kind of red reminds me of Christmas! LOL. Doesn't it a bit?



How do you get your MAC glitter to stick by the way? Do you just pat it on top of an eye primer or do you mix yours with visine or some kind of fluid? I'm still experimenting which is the best way to apply the glitter without too much fallout.

And here's the heritage rouge pigment which is a really pretty burgundy colour. It's really pigmented and you can build it up to a dark smokey eye kind of look if you want to.



And here's the swatch of it:



I guess there were a few stores in town that did Labour Day sales because I wandered into Urban Planet on holiday Monday and they had a sale going on. So I picked up a few things of course!

I picked up a jacket. It's a bit of a heavy jacket so it'll be perfect for Fall weather.


This is a casual dress I picked up as well. You'll be able to tell from this post that I like frills quite a bit.....



I picked up this dress too which I thought would be nice for a dinner out or some low key evening event. It's a tad bit long to wear to a club though....



But, I was so happy when I found something in the store that looks very similar to the dress above and is a decent length to wear out to a club :) So happy that I actually bought the red one too (they only had red and black for this dress). Yes, as you can tell, if I like something, I'll buy the same darn thing in two, three, four different colours sometimes! Am I the only girl that does that?! I know guys do it...but well, I can't compare to most men I know since they only shop once or twice a year for clothes (how do they do it?!!!)

And lastly I bought this skirt from Urban Planet as well. It's kind of cute on and I don't have a skirt quite like this - I don't even think I have an eggplant purple coloured skirt in my closet.



Let me know if you picked up anything you really like lately.
:) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment