Thursday, September 10, 2009

Coppery eye shadow FOTD

I don't reach for coppery coloured eye shadows often - usually it's a plum shade, purple shade or a brown shade of some sort. Yesterday I applied my MAC Heritage Rouge pigment with a MAC249 brush and boy, did it pack on a lot of colour! Eeek....yah, it was a tad bit too dark for my taste in the daytime so I'll have to use a lighter hand next time and a flufflier brush.

So since I still wanted to go a bit reddish with my eye shadow, I grabbed MAC Mythology and MAC Coppering. There is a lot of red tones in Coppering I find....this is how it looked:

With a flash:



With no flash (I think it's time for me to invest in a new camera soon!)



Products I used:
Eyes
MAC Soft Ocre paint pot (as a base on eye lids)
MAC Mythology (all over the lid and just above the crease as well)
MAC Coppering (only on the lid on top of mythology)
MAC Blitz and Glitz fluidline (top and bottom lashes)
Urban Decay zero eye shadow (on top of fluidline to seal it)
MAC Prep + Prime lash
L'oreal Voluminous
Face
Revlon Colourstay foundation in natural beige
MAC mineralize loose powder foundation in medium
MAC Golden bronzing powder
Cargo blu ray blush (I believe there is only the one shade and it's the pink one)
Lips
Gosh Darling lipstick
MAC Underage lipglass (a new favourite of mine ever since I just finished my MAC wildly lush which I love as well)
What eye shadow colours do you gravitate towards for an everyday look?
=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment