Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Made it to Calgary & MAC Feline kohl power eye pencil

So I arrived in Calgary Alberta yesterday morning. I really love the city here for the scenic mountains not too far out of the downtown core.

I'll only be staying downtown Calgary until Saturday. And at the moment I'm at the Fairmont Palliser hotel. I'm quite happy with my suite....this is the living room/study desk area:

This is the bedroom area (I know, I know, typical hotel):
And out of one of the windows in my suite you can see the Calgary tower....yes, the weather this morning was cloudy:

What sucks about the Calgary tower: (1) when you take the elevator ride up the tower you cannot look out any windows because there aren't any windows (unlike the Toronto CN Tower where there are glass windows all along the elevator shaft) (2) the restaurant at the top of the tower slowly revolves - so the price of the food is a bit high but it's crap food to be honest and so are the drinks.
Oh yes, I had to take a picture of myself in the washroom too (not like that though!):

Enough about my boring hotel stay.
I did pick up the MAC Feline Kohl Power Eye Pencil last week:

I heard it's a pretty intense black so I had to try it out ;)
At the moment one of my favourite MAC eye pencils are the Pearlglide eye liners. I have the MAC pearlglide in Rave (a purple), Fly-by-blu (a navy blue) and Black Russian (a black). So I decided to do a comparison swatch for you between the MAC Feline Kohl Power Eye Pencil vs. MAC Black Russian Pearlglide eye liner.
Top swatch is MAC Feline and bottom swatch is MAC Black Russian:

As you can see, the MAC Feline eye pencil is a really intense black. It goes on very smoothly like the MAC pearlglide eye liners and the staying power is good too (all day wear without any smearing although I do have to re-apply it on my waterline maybe once or twice for touch up). I will definitely repurchase the MAC Feline when I run out of it!
Let me know how your week is going!
Karen =)

No comments:

Post a Comment