Saturday, October 3, 2009

Faux fur is in! (well, for the most part)

Do you like faux fur? I do!



I'm a bit pathetic though - I even like some stuff that borderlines on road kill.


Anyhow I was flipping through the H & M Autumn 2009 magazine a couple of weeks ago and saw this small insert:






OMG, like how cute is #1, #3, #4, #5 and #9!!! What do you think?!


So immediately a couple of things came to mind that I have stuffed in my closet. My Atmosphere vest:






And my cute hat from Danier






Okay, so I think that stuff is wearable.

But get this. I did a post on the last handbag I had purchased which I LOVE:






Yes, now my boyfriend saw how much I like my bag and for some odd reason, saw this at the store and BOUGHT IT for me WITHOUT ASKING ME.


For some reason, I believe he thought I would like this jacket as much as my handbag. (is that a smirk on your face?! LOL)
Hmm...personally I don't see myself in that kind of jacket. What do you honestly think? I didn't know what to say when he showed it to me. He was really excited about the jacket too so that made it worst! LOL.
So I asked my younger sister for her opinion because she has a great fashion sense and is really bluntly honest. I asked her if I it was just me thinking this jacket is not so wearable. I sent her this picture of me in an email asking her:


This is part of what my younger sister said:
"OMG that jacket is awful. It looks like some kind of cow pattern but something really cheap looking. Even if it was real cow hair, it'd still be really bad looking. Cow is just NOT a pattern to go with. leopard= ok, cow= NO. is there any way you can return it? You shouldn't (and hopefully wouldn't) wear. good thing you double checked with me. but ya, the only way i can put it is that you definitely don't want to be walking around looking like a cow. dont tell him i said that!"


Okay, so if I had any doubt in my mind about this jacket, it surely was cleared up after reading my sister's opinion. Is this what you were thinking too? I hope you got a laugh out of it! LOL.

Now I have the daunting task of filling this baby up:







It use to look good before those gorillas posing as luggage handlers ruined it. Yah, I use to get compliments on my luggage all the time when I was in the airport!
I'm heading off to Calgary on Monday morning. I'll be staying at the Fairmont Palliser which I hope has given me a decent sized room. I booked a suite instead of a regular room because I know Fairmont loves to give people rooms the size of a darn closet - I swear, people must have been like literally half the size or less of what we generally are now because that's what the Fairmont rooms reflect.
The plan is head out to Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper and the Columbian Ice Fields next weekend because I'll be staying downtown Calgary from Monday to Friday. My parents are flying out West to meet me in Calgary on Saturday which is nice - my parents have not visited Alberta before. And my younger sister will join me too for Thanksgiving weekend since she lives out West in the very boring town of Edmonton (opps, did I say that aloud?!)
Oh yah, so even though next weekend will be nice, I'm not crazy about the four hour flight (I really don't like being on a plane!) or being in the hotel alone for five days =( Do you like travelling on planes or are you like me (gotta have a couple of beers to ease up)?
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
=) Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment