Friday, October 16, 2009

Miller Harris....you killed my hair! LOL

Who is Miller Harris? No, he's not your local town mayor.....it's a London Perfumer.

And one of their signature lines called "Citron Citron" is well overpriced considering the quality is severely lacking.

This was the line of products given to me at the Fairmont Palliser hotel where I stayed at for six nights last week:

In fact, the Citron Citron Miller Harris line is given to all Fairmont hotel rooms that I've stayed at (I've been at the Fairmont in Ottawa, the Fairmont in Toronto and the Fairmont in Calgary). The Gold Floors of the Fairmont give you another Miller Harris line of products but not any better, and in my opinion, it doesn't even smell as good as the citron citron line.
Okay, so I didn't pack any shampoo or conditioner. My luggage was slightly overweight as is and my decision was made from that. I used the Miller Harris citron citron shampoo and conditioner for six days straight.
At the end of the six days my hair was fried, dried out and dying for moisture.
Not even my usually reliable John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum saved my hair.
I usually put a hair serum in my hair when it's damp after a shower to help add shine and make it tangle free. See, I finished the flippin' bottle of hair serum and my hair was still straw-like! Okay, well, it was like 1/3 full at the beginning of my trip..but still! The citron citron shampoo is like Mr. Clean - it just stripped all the oils of my hair and then some. The conditioner did nothing what so ever- it didn't even untangle my hair well at all.
So what was my saviour?
My L'oreal Professional Lumino Contrast Nutriceride conditioner masque.




It's like a pearlescent kind of paste and has a nice perfume-like smell to it. This is what it looks like:
I slapped some of this on my hair last night and stuck a shower cap on my head. I sat in the bath tub for maybe 8-10 minutes and then rinsed out this conditioning mask.
Even while I was applying the L'oreal professional conditioner to my hair, I could almost like feel my hair drinking up the moisture. I know that sounds weird....but OMG, what a difference it made to my hair instantaneously. My hair was so smooth, moisturized, silky and tangle free after. I highly recommend this conditioner masque.
And if I haven't bashed the citron citron shampoo and conditioner enough, get this. The 250 mL bottle of body lotion is 30 British pounds! So this 60 mL bottle of body lotion I got everyday at the hotel is worth like 7 British pounds....crazy.
Okay the lotion does smell nice for about ten minutes after application if you like a citrus clean smell. But my love for it ends there especially after I found out how pricey it is. I had to mix this lotion with Cetaphil lotion (very good, unscented lotion that I highly recommend) in order to provide enough moisture for my skin.
So that's my thoughts on this London Perfumer so far!
Have you ever tried pricey body/hair products that simply did not work out at all?
I hope you're having a lovely start to your weekend!
=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment