Saturday, October 17, 2009

A quiet Saturday night for a change

Usually I'm out on a Saturday night but my best friend is out of town on a business trip....and I honestly still feel a bit tired from my travels. Whenever I travel I wake up pretty early and go to bed pretty late so I guess it's bound to catch up.

So all I did tonight was stay at home with my boyfriend and ordered in:


I love gyros!
Have you had gyros before? Do you like it as much as I do?!
I HATE to admit it but I have such bad eating habits....if you see the way I eat you'd think fast food and all that bad-for-you food is laced with narcotics of some sort. I can never get enough!
In any case, I finally finised up an Aveda Hair Product that I've had for a while. It's the Aveda Light Elements Finishing Solution.
It's claim: "infuses all hair types with weightless light hold, absorbing oil and taming flyaways".
First, this product was recommended to me by an Aveda stylist when I got my hair done with them.
I'm not sure if the product provides much of a hold at all - it's definitely a "very light" hold if it provides any hold at all.
The word "light" is what caught me with this product because I didn't want to weigh down my hair any more than it already is. My Aveda stylist had told me that this light elements line was perfect for me because I had thicker hair, didn't want to weigh down my hair with products and wanted something to tame some frizz while keeping it shiny and healthy.
It's a thin liquid consistency so pretty much to me, most pastes or liquid hair products will tame flyaways. I don't have very thin hair so I don't have to worry about flyways too much.
Okay, it does not absorb oil even though it claims to do so. If I don't wash my hair for two days straight I do get a bit oily near my scalp and slapping a bit of this product on my hair only makes it worst.
The smell of this product is the same as all Aveda products - it has that Aveda herbal smell to it.
Then, the one thing I don't like about this product is the way the product dispenses. It looks like you just pour it out the bottle. Actually, there's a kind of rubber/plastic flap surrounding the hole of the bottle so that you actually have to squeeze the bottle to get product out. But you have to squeeze a bit and almost all the time I've squeezed out way too much product because it's so liquidy that you get a lot out at a time. I know my explanation might not make much sense but it's not easy for me to squeeze out just a little bit at a time.
All in all I definitely will not buy this product again. It didn't perform any different than another similar hair care product that is half the price. I've tried to like Aveda hair products but none have really worked out for me in the end.
How about you - have you tried and liked any Aveda hair products enough to repurchase? If you haven't tried Aveda hair products, are there any hair products you're using now that you've repurchased from before?
Hope your weekend is going well =)
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment