Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hey I baked for the first time!

Oh, this is a bit pathetic but I had to share it with you! I baked alone for the first time today! =)

Yes it was sooo easy thanks to this Quaker Low Fat Muffin mix.

I rarely peruse down the baking aisle in a grocery store but that's where I found myself today. This muffin mix was on sale and I picked up it to glance at the instructions:



I had to read the instructions like five times before I realized that all I need was water in addition to this muffin mix. I thought baking required waaay more work and ingredients (and it does if you want it to taste good or want it to your liking). But low and behold, Quaker had a fool-proof version for newbies like me :)
Okay, the word Low Fat is really misleading. The thing has more than enough sugar to make up for it...but oh well! This is what it looked like after adding water and stirring:

And I just scooped it and dropped it into a muffin tray.

I only had one muffin tray and a bit of extra muffin mix so I made a couple of cookies out of it and tossed some raisins for fun!
And, 20 minutes later it came out like this:
The muffins weren't bad! I've already scarfed down three of em! Would I buy this mix again? Hmmm...maybe in the Carrot mix flavour since I love carrot muffins :) But honestly I'd rather buy a really good tasting full fat muffin at a bakery rather than have three or four of these home cooked "low fat/high sugar" muffins because I'd probably be more satisfied with just one regular yummy muffin.
I must say the cookies were a bit overdone. I should have known better since they're thinner than the muffins but hey, it was my first time baking! LOL. And at least someone enjoyed the cookies more than I did:
That's my cute pet gerbil Mousie eating a piece of cookie I baked :)
So have you baked on your own before? What's your favourite flavour for muffins/cookies?
Have a lovely Saturday!
Karen =)

No comments:

Post a Comment