Friday, January 29, 2010

FOTD, MAC pigments and another new dress

I hope your week is going well so far!

I still have about an hour to figure out what to wear before I head out for a bit. I haven't quite decided what to wear so it's just an FOTD here.

I'm wearing a new bathrobe that was gifted to me earlier this week and it's from Jacob Lingerie



Products Used:

Eyes
UDPP (base)
MAC Satin Taupe eye shadow (all over upper lids and along lower lashline)
MAC Stately Black eye shadow LE (outer V and some on outer 1/3 of upper lids)
MAC Melon pigment (smudged a bit on middle of lids on top of Satin Taupe)
MAC Vanilla pigment (highlight)
MAC Mylar eye shadow (tear duct)
MAC Blitz and Glitz fluidline (upper lashline, lower lashline, waterline)
MAC Prep + Prime lash
L'oreal Voluminous mascara
MAC #3 lashes

Face
Revlon Colourstay foundation in Natural Beige
MAC Prep + Prime translucent powder
Cargo Blu Ray blush/highlighter
Smashbox highlighter (not sure what's the name)
Cargo Bronzer in Medium

Lips
Nothing

I might be a bit late in reporting this but MAC repackaged their pigments. I went out earlier this week and picked up a few pigments: vanilla, melon and cornflower.
Here's MAC Vanilla pigment in the new packaging (left) and MAC Naked pigment in the old packaging (right):
Look at the size difference! The price is still $23.50 CDN. When I was at the store, I knew the new packaging had less pigment but I could not recall how much was in the old pigment jars. Here it is: the old pigments had 7.5 g (0.26 oz)

I looked at the backside of the new pigment to compare.
Oh wait, those smart asses didn't write the weight on the new pigment jars (no, there's no sticker on the bottom indicating the weight either).
It's on the box which you pretty much discard right away:

I've never been great in Math (ugh! sucky Asian genes LOL) but if I'm right, the new pigments have 40% less than the old ones! And it's still the same price. I know, I think I whine too much.
So, if there's a pigment you really want, I suggest you check out your local MAC soon and try to get it in the old pigment format size before they sell out and restock only the new smaller sizes.
I also picked up a dress at Forever21 earlier this week. When I saw it online I wanted it right away. Thank goodness they had it in stock. The picture on the website looks much better here:

I love lace and I love white/off white (which is usually not that flattering on me):
I'm in love with the nude pumps above. Although they are Guess shoes, I got them from the Bay last week (they do not carry this particular colour at the Guess stores around me) and I've already stuck comfort pads into them!

I hope you're having a lovely start to your weekend! Let me know what you're up to :)

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment