Friday, February 19, 2010

Absolutely Natural - organic skincare

On Monday I received a parcel from my friend Dale (yes him again LOL).

He's hooked on this skincare line called Absolutely Natural and their website is here.
All their products are organic (chemical-free). Dale was introduced to this USA skincare line in a Hawaii tanning salon.
I only wanted to try the Mango Body Butter and Peppermint foot cream but Dale was nice enough to buy a few others things for me:

Upon opening my parcel I smelt peppermint. I LOVE peppermint - peppermint gum, minty shampoo, mint chocolate ice cream, minty creams, minty lip balms...etc... Do you like peppermint by the way?
This was why the parcel smelt like peppermint. The lid on the jar was not closed tightly:

I was quite disappointed considering Dale paid $22.60 USD for shipping and handling.
And the foot cream is $20 USD. Not to mention the cream is a thin lotion consistency. When I see the word "cream" I expect it to have a thicker consistency.
Honestly, the peppermint foot lotion from The Body Shop (here) is essentially the same and cheaper.
And they used tape to tape down the cap of the Mint and Citrus Oil. It also looked like some had been used. I thought it was a bit cheasy since the oil is $28 USD - I figured they should have the brand new bottles sealed.


The only upside to this parcel was a Valentine's note that the company included in the parcel.



Overall impression? The note is a nice touch but this company should focus on product packaging. Having brand new products sealed not only prevents unwanted leaks but as a buyer, I feel it's more hygienic. I especially feel this way since the parcel was over $150 USD.
How about you - do you avoid buying certain skincare products for hygiene reasons if it's not sealed?
Onto a happier note, I had to take a picture of some of the chocolates my friend Jim bought for me on the weekend:



They were as good as they looked.
And I am addicted to this small dining joint called Salad King. If you live in downtown Toronto, you've gotta go if you haven't already. It's really cheap to dine there too and close to the Eaton Centre.
I've been eating here 3-4 times a week for the past month! Not so healthy- I know.
My favourite is the Phud Thai (I swear, no offense to anyone but this stuff is laced with coke!! I can't explain how else I dream of this stuff when I'm not eating it LOL)



Another favourite is the Green Curry:



And my boyfriend likes the Won Ton soup but I've never been fan of Won Ton Soup:



So that was my dinner last night. What are you having for dinner?
Are you big on organic skincare products? Or are you like me and don't really care?
I hope your week is going well and that you have a nice weekend!!
=) Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment