Thursday, February 11, 2010

MAC Atlantic Blue + Winterlicious 2010

I picked up MAC Atlantic Blue eye shadow a couple of weeks ago.

I was in search of a blue eye shadow that really suits me and I think this is it.

It is a matte finish. The only thing slightly negative about this eye shadow is that I wish the colour would apply easier - like see the swatch on my hand? It took about 3-4 swipes of eye shadow layered to get that intensity.



The only eye shadow I'm wearing here is Atlantic Blue. I figured, if I like an eye shadow enough, I can wear it on it's own and not have to blend it with other colours to make it more wearable.

Do you have a favourite shade of blue eye shadow?
In Toronto we have something called Winterlicious. This year Winterlicious was from Jan 29 to Feb 11 and basically, it is all about restaurants that offer fixed priced menus which are at a more affordable rate than their regular price menu. Essentially you dine for less $.
My friend and also ex-neighbour John loves Winterlicious. So he invited me out for dinner Wednesday at Signatures Restaurant in the Intercontinental Hotel located in Yorkville.
Yorkville is downtown Toronto's posh area with all the high end designer boutiques.
It was like minus -15 Celsius outside (5 F) so I had to bundle up. This is what I wore.



Dress from Forever21
Tights from Jacobs
Black suede boots from Aldos
Black cardigan (I have no idea where. The tag is gone!)
Grey peacoat from Bebe
Scarf from this small boutique shop in the Rimrock hotel (Banff, Alberta)
Here's a picture of John:
For $50 you got wine pairings with your choice of appetizer, entree and desert. There were three choices for each course. A great deal. But John and I were both a bit disappointed with how our Sirloin steak turned out.

I ALWAYS feel akward taking pictures in fancier restaurants. Especially since the company I dine with (1) do not know I have a blog (2) are not use to people taking pictures of food LOL.
Honestly, maybe it's just me but I don't think it's very classy snapping pictures of my food. What the heck. I did it anyways - very quickly and without a flash of course for discretion ;)
This was the sirloin steak entree. I missed the photo opt for the appetizer.
This was my choice of desert: apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
Does your city have something like Winterlicious where you can dine cheaper for a period of time?
Do you feel awkward taking pictures of food in restaurants like me? LOL
=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment