Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday Night Branthouse + Parsley to fight onion breath!

Last night my friend Alex and I wanted to check out The Courthouse nightclub. We found out it was closed after taking a cab there. Ugh, closed on a Friday?!! Anyways, I decided we should go to trusty Brant House nightclub.

My signature sleepy look ;)


And here's Alex. Not the most flattering picture but in all his other pictures his eyes are shut




And sometimes the strangest things make me happy - like these two basil and parsley herb plants I bought on Thursday




They were only $2.99 each at Sobeys!

And maybe I'm crazy but I think these plants are kinda cute :)

I intended on buying the parsley plant because I love to eat foods with lots of garlic and onions in them. If you're like me, you'll know that even if you brush your teeth after eating, about 10 minutes after that the garlic and onion scent creep back into your breath.

Chewing gum helps. But if I'm drinking beer (any carbonated beverage), it makes me burp and yep....no need to explain further LOL.

So I heard eating parsley really helps onion breath and parsley is also often found in doggie dental bones so it must work - hence my new plant. Now I can eat my favourite foods on nights that I'm going out and drinking carbonated beverages :) I'll just wash down my onion/garlic ladden dinner with a few leaves of parsley and basil. I hope it works!

Are you currently growing any indoor plants/herbs? (no not those kinda herbs silly! LOL)

How did you spend your Friday evening?

;) Karen


And don't forget to enter my giveaway if you live in the USA or Canada and would like to win a prize! Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment