Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Keg, the aftermath & a tag

How is your weekend coming along so far? :)

On Thursday night my girlfriend Jasmin took Mandy, a friend of ours out to The Keg for dinner.

I started having a sore throat and congestion back on Tuesday, but I tagged along to see Mandy since I had not seen her since Halloween (psst! Mandy you need to come out more!).

I only used one eyeshadow here: MAC Mulled Cider.




The dress is from Winners and the shoes is Guess from The Bay.

The turquoise dress looks better in person and everytime I've worn this dress, I always get compliments on it. I think turquoise is such a pretty colour, don't you? :)



This is our friend Mandy. I love her - she's such a great person :) I just wished she came out more often!!!



And here's my best girlfriend Jasmin:





I had my usual Heinekens and Red Bull/vodka despite being a bit under the weather :\


Especially since after The Keg, we all went to Brant House nightclub :)


Anyways, you'd figure a bit of booze might kill em germs causing my sore throat.

Nope. My congestion turned into a lung infection yesterday evening. Here I was at 10 am sharp when the doctor's clinic opened this morning:





I got a bit bored waiting for the doctor so I whipped out my iPhone LOL.

The first thing the doctor said when he listened through a stethoscope was "Woah!" Followed by "you're wheezy!". I was wheezing pretty bad.

So this is the aftermath.


Antibiotics and a steriod inhaler for a week:





Like my Mom would say: Serves you (me) right LOL.


I'm suppose to go out tonight but I'll see. I don't think I'm suppose to drink with the antibiotic. Although the instructions did not say to avoid alcohol. It said avoid dairy and multivitamins.

I'll finish off this post with a tag.

Two gorgeous ladies tagged me:

Christine from For the Fierce and
Gaby from Gaby's Beauty Blog.

Thank you soooo much for thinking of me ladies =)


Three names I go by:
Only one - Karen

Three jobs I have had:
(1) My very first job was a cashier at Edo Japan in a mall food court. I'm surprised they have a website!
(2) At Toronto Hydro (electricity distributor for Toronto) in their call centre.
(3) Currently I privately invest.

Three places I have lived:
(1) Downtown Toronto. I was born here and I currently live here
(2) Brampton. This is where I grew up for the most part. It's a suburb of Toronto.

Three favorite drinks:
(1) Water
(2) Heineken and Budweiser tie for second.
(3) Bolthouse C-Boost juice and Bolthouse Green Goodness juice tie for third

Three TV shows I watch:
I almost always get a blank stare when I say this. I cut my cable TV three years ago. So I'm not up to date with TV shows at all.

Three places I have been:
(1) Malaysia (where my parents were born and raised)
(2) Florida
(3) Banff

Three places I would like to visit:
(1) Moscow Russia (with my bf since he is born and raised there)
(2) A nice beachside resort in Thailand (with my gf Jasmin since she is born and raised there)
(3) Vegas!!! Girl's only trip!

Three people who text me regularly:
(1) My best girlfriend Jasmin
(2) My boyfriend
(3) The third is random. Work related or someone I met at a club.

Three favorite old TV shows:
(1) The Jetsons!!
(2) Carebears :)
(3) The Flintstones

Three favorite dishes:
(1) Sashimi and sushi
(2) Pad Thai
(3) Greek slouvaki

Three makeup products I cannot live without:
(1) Tweezerman eye lash comb
(2) Eye lash curler
(3) Mascara

Three things I'm looking forward too:
(1) Finishing my antibiotics so I can drink & go out (but I'll miss Saint Patricks Day!!! Grrrr)
(2) Lots of sunshine and warm weather :)
(3) A shopping trip with my family to the States over Easter weekend


Three lovely ladies I would like to pass this tag onto:
(1) sssdawna at Beauty and a Budget
(2) Cathy at Visual Aggression
(3) Angelique at For the Love of Beauty


What have you been up to this weekend?
Do you have any plans for Saint Patricks Day this Wednesday coming up?

:) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment