Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday: Food + Branthouse

I'll start by saying I cannot cook.



If I had to cook for you, forget about the food tasting good - count your lucky stars if you do not have an upset stomach after.



My best girlfriend Jasmin is an excellent cook on the other hand. She brought over some dinner to my place yesterday early evening - she's so sweet to think of me :)







Yummy pork short ribs:









Asparagus and shrimp stir fry:









Chicken and green bean stir fry:









Sadly, Jasmin agrees with what my Mom told me a few years back: that a way to a man's heart is through good cooking *sniff* Damn. All this while I thought it was bedroom skills! (jk)



Do you think good culinary skills will help you win your way to a man's heart?



Despite my respiratory infection, I decided to go out last night :) The antibiotic and steriod inhaler worked well. I felt pretty good several hours later.

I made the intelligent decision not to drink while on my antibiotic.

I will admit, last night was the first time I was completely sober at a nightclub. Before heading out I was very worried that I would feel out of place at the nightclub.

Guess what?!! I had an awesome time :) Yay!! I know, I'm still completely shocked about it in a good way.

Jasmin took this picture of me in her condo just before we went to Brant House nightclub.







Dress is from Sirens.






Here is Jasmin, me and Linda in Brant House. I met Linda through the club owner Johnny and she's a really nice girl :)

The flash blinded us so yeah, we're all squinting here LOL













Not drinking last night and still having an awesome time has made me reflect on how dependent I have been on booze to enjoy my social life.





Do you like nightclubs? Is drinking a big part of your social life?



How was your Saturday evening?

=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment