Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Miracle in a bottle....or maybe not

It's one of those things I'm a bit ashamed to admit.


I am 25 and the dreaded onset of cellulite is just inevitable *huge sigh and a groan thrown in*



Like wrinkles I fight in vain with various creams and lotions to postpone it as long as I can or at least, hopefully keep the problem at a minimum. Fingers crossed ;)


I have been through probably five or more bottles of the Nivea Good-bye Cellulite Gel in the past year and a half.




It works okay. At first I did see some results around the 2-3 week mark on my first bottle - reduced appearance of minimal cellulite. After there were no further improvements to be honest. And more than five bottles later it has not performed anything that probably a few daily squats wouldn't LOL.

My boyfriend calls products like this snake oil.

I know there's no product that can replace an active lifestyle and healthy eating habits. Seeing that I'm not committed in either of the two categories nor will I be satisfied until I have tried a vast range of cellulite removal creams, I will continue my search!

Another Nivea product I have bought once was the Good-bye Cellulite Patch










(Picture source: google image)


I do not recommend the patches.These patches DO NOT stick at all.



There is a film of gel along one side of the patch and that is the side that contains the magic ingredient to zap cellulite. The gel is much more slippery than it is adhesive. I couldn't even think of wearing these patches while walking or doing daily activities because they would fall off right away.

Out of frustration I remember having my boyfriend use heavy duty scotch tape to tape those patches to my ass and thighs before bedtime and it still did not stick! Haha Yes, it was as funny as it sounds

So fess up - are you seeking any miracles in a bottle too? ;)

If you're in Canada or USA, check out my first giveaway here. There's one of six neat prizes you could win! Contest ends next Friday April 2nd....

Karen =)

No comments:

Post a Comment