Monday, April 26, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Hemp Hand Scrub

About a month ago I got a sample of The Body Shop Hemp Hand Scrub along with my other purchases.





This is what the full size version looks like and you can buy it here (image from The Body Shop)




I believe it retails $12 CDN for 100 mL

I thought this hand exfoliator would not only exfoliate but that it would also add some moisture to my hands since it contains hemp seed oil & soy oil.

Nope. It only exfoliates. And not even that well.

I recall the sales rep saying it contains walnut shells. Guess what else in my cabinet contains walnut shells?

Ta-da: St. Ives Apricot scrub which is 300 mL for like $6.99 CDN. It's three times the size and half the price of the one at The Body Shop.




The St. Ives Apricot scrub has a lot more granules than The Body Shop Hemp Hand Scrub. I realized this when I wet the scrub - with the Body Shop one, once water was mixed with the scrub to dampen my hands, there were so few granules to exfoliate with. That defeats the whole purpose of the scrub.

Verdict: Do not buy The Body Shop Hemp Hand Scrub. Save yourself a few bucks (plus you get three times more!) and buy the St. Ives Apricot scrub. AND you can use the St. Ives scrub on your face which is what it's meant for. I wouldn't use the Body Shop Hemp Hand Scrub on my face.

Wanna save even more money? Mix some baby oil with white sugar. The sugar granules are excellent at exfoliating and the baby oil moisturizes. I don't use this mixture on my face - but I use it weekly as a body scrub :)


Do you use any money saving beauty tips?

How was your weekend? :)

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment