Monday, May 17, 2010

Madame Madeline (False lashes)

I placed an order for false eye lashes with an online company called Madame Madeline









My order was made on Thursday April 29th. The company shipped my parcel out on Tuesday May 4th from the USA. I received my parcel on Monday May 10th.



Ordering with Madame Madeline vs. In store purchasing:


This is my second order with Madame Madeline. Their customer service via email is very good - they're very prompt with responses. And if you order products in bulk, it is more affordable than purchasing them in the stores here.


For example, a pair of Ardell lashes are $5.99 CDN before 13% tax at the store ($6.77 CDN after tax/pair). At best, they go on sale for 20% off. We don't get crazy "Buy One Get One Free" sales that the States do. Plus, when I was in the States last month I saw Ardell lashes at Target for $3.49 USD each at regular price! So perhaps online ordering with this company is more ideal for Canadians than for Americans.


With Madame Madeline, the lashes start at $3.49 USD per pair and if you buy more of the same style they decrease in price. The Canadian - US exchange rate is very favourable right now (basically at par). Shipping was very reasonable at $6.95 USD


A bit of a disappointment: The company screwed up my order. I was missing five pairs of two different styles that I had ordered (three of the #136 and two of the #101 demi) AND they shipped me four pairs of #137 that I never ordered.

I notified them of this and sent them this picture as proof.




I offered to ship back the #137s but the company told me to keep them.

I requested a refund for the missing items since the company did not offer to send me the missing items....they offered to send me the missing items in my NEXT ORDER. Screw that. I don't know if I'll be placing an order with them that quickly now. I did not hear back from customer service. However when I checked my order status, the website indicated a refund would be issued.

It would only take them a minute to send me a quick email stating they received my request for a partial refund and that it's pending - I don't know why companies are not as courteous or become silent once they have made an error. In fact, companies should be more courteous once they made an error to keep me coming back, don't you think so?


Overall: The company is legit. I will probably make a future purchase with them again but not anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment