Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blogger Question about Samsung PL100 camera

I had a question emailed to me and I thought I would post the question and answer since it could help others:



Hey, I was thinking about getting the samsung PL100 and I was looking for reviews when I saw your blog. You mentioned that lines come up on photos, did that turn out to the be fault with the camera itself or was it the model? Also, does the camera take good quality photos?


The initial lines that I saw on some of the photos (fourth photo on the post here) were pretty much gone once I exchanged the camera.
The camera does take very good photos in the daytime. But reality is, all digital cameras in that price range take decent photos in daylight.

I pointed out in my final review of the Samsung PL100 that I did not like the camera because

(1) it was terrible when it came to producing nighttime images. This was one of two nighttime pictures I saved on my last trip to Kansas City. All the other pictures I attempted to take at night were so blurry there was no point in keeping them :( So just imagine how this is blurry and it's really by far one of the best pictures I ever took at night with this camera




(2) to demonstrate how poor the video quality is, I uploaded a video for you here. As you can see, the scenery I took an image of came out very clearly. It was a bright, clear day in Canmore.





But watch the video quality. I took this video within minutes of taking the image above. It looks like it's raining pink lemonade in the sky!




If you have your heart set out on the Samsung PL100 and the store you are getting it from has a good return policy, go for it. You have nothing to lose if you can get a full refund after a test run.

But I honestly don't recommend this camera. I mean, how could I? Look at the video quality (filmed in the daytime!!) and consider the average nighttime photo you take will be three times more blurry than the nighttime photo above.

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment