Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Review: Olay Touch of Concealer

I got this sample from the Procter & Gamble sampler. It's the Olay Regenerist Eye Regenerating Cream + Touch of Concealer





An undereye concealer to help you look less tired by covering up those dark areas










Here I am. No under-eye concealer.









In the next picture, can you guess which eye I put the concealer under?





I put it under my right eye (your left). Know what I'm thinking? Good thing I wrote it down on a piece of paper!
In the next picture I used the concealer under both eyes. I seriously can't tell the difference. Can you?





Okay, it's hard to tell on such a small area of skin. So I have even tried slapping this sample on my whole face as a tinted moisturizer. You know what? My MAC Tinted Moisturizer provides more coverage than this concealer.
This is my bare skin. Perfect example for testing since I have a red zit on my cheek and chin





And this is after applying Olay's touch of concealer to that whole side of my face





On the same day after washing my face after, here is my skin with just the MAC Studio Moisture Tint on. I did a review on the MAC studio moisture tint here

Do you see how the MAC studio moisture tint covers up my freckles and the redness of my zits better than the Olay concealer?






Verdict: I'm not purchasing this product and do not recommend it.

That's just it. It's simply "a touch" of concealer and barely that if you ask me. I guess Karen needs more than just a touch of concealer hehe.

In terms of greatest coverage to least coverage it goes from concealer (heavy coverage), foundation (light to buildable/medium coverage depending on what you chose), and then a tinted moisturizer (light coverage). So Olay, how does a touch of concealer have less coverage than a tinted moisturizer?

And who am I kidding? It didn't relieve puffiness around my eyes or my face during the course of the day. In fact, none of my eye creams seem to work but that's a different story...

Save your money. Mixing half foundation with half facial moisturizer gives me the same result.


What was the last sample you got that you liked so much it made you buy the full sized version?

For me, it's the Secret Clinical Strength and the Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment