Thursday, August 12, 2010

ChickAdvisor Event: Womanity Perfume by Thierry Mugler




I was really happy to join a party hosted by ChickAdvisor for the perfume launch of Womanity by Thierry Mugler this past Wednesday


There was pink champagne by Peller Estates (yay!), pink frosted cupcakes, figs to munch on to name a few....not to mention the nice ambiance, friendly faces and all the ladies that attended got a gift bag to take home :)



The first several pictures here were taken by photographers at the event. I randomly selected a few pictures to post but the credit for these pictures go to here on ChickAdvisor's facebook page (where you can find more pictures from the event)









I love the chain handles and the shade of pink on the gift bags

















These flowers are really beautiful. I have no idea what kind they are - do you know?










This is Ali - the co-founder of ChickAdvisor









The perfume bottle - it reminds me of a Versace perfume bottle....






This is the lady who delivered the presentation












Can you spot me in the picture above? I know, it's difficult to see - but I'm there!







That's me! And on the left is Lisa




This is me being interviewed!


I thought the camera man looked like Lance Bass from N'sync. Don't you think so?!
I told him and he laughed and was like, "OMG!" - and I said I meant it as a compliment too! I hope he didn't get offended. Lance is good looking!







Ali complimented me on my nails - how nice :) So this is a picture of my manicure. See my index finger on my left hand? It's my froggie ring!!


The pictures turned out amazing!! It's incredible what (1) good lighting, ideally sunlight + (2) a great professional camera & lens will do for your picture. Even if you check some of my first blog pictures they were quite terrible. I've been through 3 digital cameras since the start of my blog a year ago and you can see for yourself what a good camera does.


The rest of the pictures in this post were taken by myself using my Canon SD1400.



Inside the gift bag....








Samples :) PERFECT size to put in my small purse when I go clubbing.

And each sample has a string loop so you can loop it to your keys or anything else...







This opened up into a CD and booklet about the perfume


















And, we all got a 30 mL bottle of Womanity to take home as well :)













Aha! Now that I read the back of the bottle, I was right. I thought I was straying by thinking I could smell woody notes in the perfume. It smells woody and sweet to me - the figs give it a really warm, unique sweet scent.



The lady who gave the presentation mentioned that Mugler wanted to make Womanity a combination of salty and sweet - the first fragrance to do that. She had mentioned that you cannot smell salt, but you can taste it. True - I didn't think of that before! I honestly cannot smell the salty part of the perfume (enhanced through the caviar in the perfume)






What's neat about the bottle: it is refillable (the cap screws on/off) and it comes with a pouch you can store the perfume in :)


I find that 30 mL is the perfect size bottle for my handbag.



My favourite scent for the past 2-3 years is Armani Code....I have two of the largest bottles you can buy (75 mL) one of which I am almost finished and the 30 mL bottle I carry in my purse.










I have not strayed far from Armani Code. It is by far my favourite scent. Most of my other perfumes are untouched for the most part - because I love Armani Code that much.



But I am really impressed with Womanity. I really love this perfume! I'm honestly taken by surprise. It's such a warm welcoming scent, whereas I feel Armani Code smells cold in a sensual way if that makes sense.




I most definitely will be buying the largest sized bottle of this perfume when I get to a store next (80 mL I believe). I was honestly a bit worried that I wouldn't like this perfume and that I would have to lie about it at the event if they asked me for my opinion LOL. That's because I actually am not a fan of Mugler's best selling Angel perfume. I highly recommend taking a whiff of Womanity the next time you pass a perfume counter. You might love it as much as I do!


A huge thank you to ChickAdvisor and Thierry Mugler for hosting this event and for introducing me to my new alternative favourite scent :)


How has your week been? What do you have planned for the weekend? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment